Dogs of MUD! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is Viktor. He's a 1 year old Yakutian Laika that somehow loves playing in the water.

v1.jpg
v2.jpg

@EWheeler I was just minding my own business pulling some weeds and watching my boy ride his bike. Heard some whining and a little ruckus in the woods around the corner. I look down the road and there are 8-9 puppies running around… So I recruited the kids and grabbed the kennels. Caught 8 pups and loaded them in the back of the cruiser to take to the humane society. I guess they got dumped and I didn’t see who did it. I figure they’re pretty adorable and will get adopted within the week.

IMG_2748.jpeg
IMG_2747.jpeg
IMG_2746.jpeg
IMG_2751.jpeg

who in the hell dumps puppies anyways

who in the hell dumps puppies anyways
Im not gonna lie, the thought crosses your mind!! Puppies are a full time job to do right for the first 5-6 weeks. It was an eye opener to me for sure. Kidding, but not kidding……. I gave mine away, and at 12 weeks i still have 2 of 9 left. Maybe i just need to take the last two to the shelter, but after the effort and now a little bit of attachment, i really want them to go to good homes and not get abused.

If you dont know the story, i posted it a page or two back. Stray showed up and had 9 puppies 6 days later….alternative was to give her to the shelter and they straight up told me they would terminate the pregnancy. Couldn't let that happen.

Last edited:
@EWheeler I was just minding my own business pulling some weeds and watching my boy ride his bike. Heard some whining and a little ruckus in the woods around the corner. I look down the road and there are 8-9 puppies running around… So I recruited the kids and grabbed the kennels. Caught 8 pups and loaded them in the back of the cruiser to take to the humane society. I guess they got dumped and I didn’t see who did it. I figure they’re pretty adorable and will get adopted within the week.

View attachment 3391914View attachment 3391915View attachment 3391916View attachment 3391917
Oh my!!! So cute. Looks like aussie shepards. Hopefully they find good homes. Didn’t keep one? They look to be 10+ weeks. Crazy someone would go through all that effort just to dump them after the hardest work is done.

I will say, spay and neuter costs are absurd. I just paid $850 to spay the female stray that brought the 9 puppies with her. With the cost of living and inflation these days, the problem with strays will just continue to get worse. Plus, we are on the backside of covid, where tons of folks picked up dogs and now lots of places are requiring folks to go back to work, im sure that is causing folks to give up dogs too….

Last edited:
Oh my!!! So cute. Looks like aussie shepards. Hopefully they find good homes. Didn’t keep one? They look to be 10+ weeks. Crazy someone would go through all that effort just to dump them after the hardest work is done.

I will say, spay and neuter costs are absurd. I just paid $850 to spay the female stray that brought the 9 puppies with her. With the cost of living and inflation these days, the problem with strays will just continue to get worse. Plus, we are on the backside of covid, where tons of folks picked up dogs and now lots of places are requiring folks to go back to work, im sure that is causing folks to give up dogs too….
I didn’t keep any, we already have three dogs + three kids. They will find homes.

Groot chilling on the cargo platform I built.

20230730_100230.jpg

My daughter is fostering this young rescue shelter dog. She along with her siblings were dropped off in a cardboard box at the shelter. 😡
IMG_4813.jpeg

IMG_20230826_173737748.jpg

Look at this pathetic creature shamelessly begging for some popcorn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom