Builds Dog Cruiser Overland build - '17 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As she sits today:

As with previous vehicles, figured I'd create a build thread for my 16 LC200 Dog Hauler with 26k miles out of Texas. Originally purchased the Gray one with mods and mentioned in post #51 I decided to get the White for a clean slate. Dubbed the Dog Cruiser because my pups have a serious influence on finding the perfect overland vehicle!

Current Mods on Gray, Clean slate on the White one:
  • OME-BP51's, SPC UCA's & Dobinson rear springs
  • EVO Corse 17 Wheels & Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers (Possibly For Sale locally w/tires - on Craigs)
  • Falken Wildpeak 285/75r17 (Possibly For Sale locally w/wheels - on Craigs)
  • ARB Twin Air Compressor
  • Custom steel Sliders
  • Rhino Rack with Alucab crossbars
  • Treeline Ponderosa Cali-King RTT
  • Dometic 50q Fridge
  • Thinkware F770 Dashcam
  • Removed 3rd Row
Ordered/Planned Mods:
  • King 3.0 fronts, King 2.5 Rears
  • SPC UCA & OME 2723 Springs
  • Toyo MT 285/75r17 & Method Trail 702 0 offset wheels
  • Rhino4x4 3D Front Bumper color matched
  • Slee or Dissent Rear bumper with Tire swing and Ladder/Rotopax mnt
  • 12k Winch w/Factor55 Hook
  • Eezi-Awn Series 2000 Awning
  • ARB LED Intensity lights?
  • White Knuckle Steel Sliders
The boys:

Last edited:
interesting that you are having rubbing with those wheels and tire size. I'm guessing on the kdss.
Do you have your wheels listed for sale anywhere? I may be interested if you're willing to ship.

and back on topic... Great build so far, even if you have plans to make it your own.

Great looking 200 and excited to see it completed. I'm curious what your thoughts are on moving from the Raptor to the Land Cruiser. I sometimes browse the Raptor forums and engine issues don't see too unheard of unfortunately.

Great looking 200 and excited to see it completed. I'm curious what your thoughts are on moving from the Raptor to the Land Cruiser. I sometimes browse the Raptor forums and engine issues don't see too unheard of unfortunately.
Thanks. I really love the Raptor, it's a great platform and besides reliability and size I didn't have much to complain about. It's by far the funnest vehicle money can buy IMO. That said, my 18 was in the shop for almost 2 months in a 1 year period for failed injectors - dealing with Ford service is a nightmare and that feeling of being stranded without a 75k truck is kinda sickening.

I missed Yota reliability and wanted less of a payment. Having previous history with a T4R a used LC200 just makes sense to me, more power and better interior which were my primary complaints before.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the method 702's! I have not seen another 200 with those wheels - they are actually the exact wheels I was planning to get. There are no pictures online other than seeing them on a wrangler/tacoma

Can't wait to see the method 702's! I have not seen another 200 with those wheels - they are actually the exact wheels I was planning to get. There are no pictures online other than seeing them on a wrangler/tacoma
Me too. I wanted to get SCS wheels again but between needing 18s and the lower load rating I opted against it. Methods new Trail series look very promising if the styling appeals, the bead grip is a neat idea. Hard to tell if I'll like them with the lack of pics but I like to be different, most folks here run the tried and true warriors - meh!

There's some T4R pics here:
What I ordered:

Last edited:
Me too. I wanted to get SCS wheels again but between needing 18s and the lower load rating I opted against it. Methods new Trail series look very promising if the styling appeals, the bead grip is a neat idea. Hard to tell if I'll like them with the lack of pics but I like to be different, most folks here run the tried and true warriors - meh!

There's some T4R pics here:
What I ordered:

Love it! Cant wait to see them on!!

Most of your rubbing is due to the added spacers and is easily remedied. You're at a +8 with those wheels and spacers now. Going to a 0 won't help it any.

Most of your rubbing is due to the added spacers and is easily remedied. You're at a +8 with those wheels and spacers now. Going to a 0 won't help it any.
True, but down sizing will help a decent amount, and hitting that fender liner with a heat gun and unbolting it with the 4Runner method, and then pushing it out wherever it rubs should easily fix any rubbing. I do concede that unfortunately some downsides are unavoidable, such as any serious up travel being lost (no tucking past +20mm really). Method does however make a wheel in the same design with a +25 offset instead called the 313.

Here’s an LC on 17x8.5+0 Method NV with 285/75R17 Open Country’s and an Icon Lift:

Some people would rather fit the tire and others would rather fit the wheel, I guess myself (I have some 17x8.5+0 wheels on the way) and OP fall into the latter category.

True, but down sizing will help a decent amount, and hitting that fender liner with a heat gun and unbolting it with the 4Runner method, and then pushing it out wherever it rubs should easily fix any rubbing. I do concede that unfortunately some downsides are unavoidable, such as any serious up travel being lost (no tucking past +20mm really). Method does however make a wheel in the same design with a +25 offset instead called the 313.

He said he was going to stick with the 285/75, that's why I mentioned that the new wheels won't help. Keeping the Evo Course, but losing the spacer will solve almost any rubbing.

Glad to see someone else jumped out of their 2018 Raptor for a LC200... We were virtually twins... had the same Rotiform wheels on mine. We followed virtually the same path... I sold my built '16 TEP 4Runner for the Raptor and quickly jumped into the LC200 after experiencing issues with the Raptor (Ford Service is a nightmare). I will echo the comments of one of the funnest vehicles I have owned but the shear factor of not trusting a $75k truck did not sit well with me.

Thanks for everyone's input on the wheels and rubbing. I know I don't rub without the spacers, I added them because I can't stand high offset wheels. With the new tire and wheel I expect to rub without spacers and plan to trim the fenders more to tide me over until the bumper arrives.

Every rig I do ends up needing some trimming, just par for the course. 😉

Glad to see someone else jumped out of their 2018 Raptor for a LC200... We were virtually twins... had the same Rotiform wheels on mine. We followed virtually the same path... I sold my built '16 TEP 4Runner for the Raptor and quickly jumped into the LC200 after experiencing issues with the Raptor (Ford Service is a nightmare). I will echo the comments of one of the funnest vehicles I have owned but the shear factor of not trusting a $75k truck did not sit well with me.
That's funny, the guy I bought the LC from did the same thing also! Although, I'm a little ashamed to have gone from a 18 to 19 then the LC 😕.

He said he was going to stick with the 285/75, that's why I mentioned that the new wheels won't help. Keeping the Evo Course, but losing the spacer will solve almost any rubbing.
Ah gotcha, my bad, I only noticed him talking about going to 285/70 for the lower offset wheels. However, that LC I posted is running 285/75, so I still think it’s possible. Sorry if I came off defensive, I just feel it’s worth supporting and considering other options than what this forum normally suggests (Rock Warriors or other very conservative offset wheels). When I put on the 17x8.5+0 wheels I would in fact be going with 285/70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom