Do your windows fog? - I found a solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been fighting fogging windows and have tried Rain X and all the other over the counter solutions with very little effect. I found a solution that has been working very well. It is a film similar to tint but designed to keep fog off windows. Initially it was designed for freezer doors in grocery stores and they are now marketing it to the automotive industry. It is not cheap at $20 a linear foot but it is really nice being able to see out the windshield. Don't get me wrong there still gets minor fog but then again so does my new Range Rover.

The product is offered by Pro Tint and the link is below.

http://shop.protint.com/category.sc?categoryId=29

I just keep a squeegee handy

*Also thought that Range Rovers all had those $1k windshields that don't fog? Like a dense grid of defogger wires running throughout the surface.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! My windows fog horribly and rain-x and fog-x have proven worthless. My back windows are really bad on a rainy Seattle day. I'm worried that some day i'll change lanes into somebody on the freeway.

I'll have to check this stuff out.

How wide is the stuff? I can't find it on their website. I am also in the Pacific Northwet!

Thanks for the tip! My windows fog horribly and rain-x and fog-x have proven worthless. My back windows are really bad on a rainy Seattle day. I'm worried that some day i'll change lanes into somebody on the freeway.

I'll have to check this stuff out.

I put it on all windows and the back windows are still fogging up but not as bad as before and the front and door windows have been staying basically fog free. Not 100% but much better.

You have to be in Bangkok, have $5, and the ability to "unsee" things... It's pretty impressive.

1. Cut a raw potato in half. Be sure to use a clean potato, so wash it first if it is coated in soil. This is a good opportunity to use up an old potato that has started to sprout and is past its best.
2. Rub the cut part of one half potato on the window. This will clean it and leave a layer that will prevent fog from forming on the window.
3. Use the other half if needed. You can also cut off dirtied slices and keep using the existing half if wished.
4. Leave to dry without touching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom