Do I want a Sequoia as my DD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about retiring my cruiser from DD duties, and getting something else.

2008-current Sequoia are catching my eye. Especially because they can be had for a fraction of what a used 200 costs. Plus, I already have a Land Cruiser.

Anyone have one? Thoughts? I drove a 2019 Sr5 a few months ago and I liked it very much. That 5.7 is incredible and it's clearly big enough to haul a family of 4, plus a lab on vacation. Eventually it would be towing a camper trailer, and let's face it, it will do much better than the 100.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about retiring my cruiser from DD duties, and getting something else.

2008-current Sequoia are catching my eye. Especially because they can be had for a fraction of what a used 200 costs. Plus, I already have a Land Cruiser.

Anyone have one? Thoughts? I drove a 2019 Sr5 a few months ago and I liked it very much. That 5.7 is incredible and it's clearly big enough to haul a family of 4, plus a lab on vacation. Eventually it would be towing a camper trailer, and let's face it, it will do much better than the 100.

Thanks guys.

All in personal preference really. It will probably be as much of a hog on gas if it a little better then the 100 series.

It is essentially a Tundra with a cap and independent rear suspension. I love how they drive, the room they have and the features you can get. The only thing is the mileage, if your not worried about that I'd say it's great. I call it the big boy 4Runner cause of the roll down back window and have considered one myself but really need a pickup bed.

Mileage isn't a concern. :)

I did think about a Tundra as well, I just am not sure I really NEED a pickup. I am thinking about both for sure, just wondering what my priorities are as far as trim level. I want something nice, but I don't think I would be unhappy in a TRD PRO Tundra.

I'm trying to find what years have streaming bluetooth audio and what problems the Sequoia's with the AHC have long term. I dealt with that on my wife's LX and I really want to avoid that.

I looked at Sequoias as well. A friend has had an older one that has been issue free and another w/ a 17’ that they love. I ended going with the GX470 with the 4.7 and they can had for cheap with lots of amenities. 120 parts across the board are interchangeable too.

I looked at Sequoias as well. A friend has had an older one that has been issue free and another w/ a 17’ that they love. I ended going with the GX470 with the 4.7 and they can had for cheap with lots of amenities. 120 parts across the board are interchangeable too.

This is also a good option as well, I have seen more and more GX come up on the market.

When we were in florida in 15' we had a brand new SR5 Sequioa, 2WD and cloth interior but had the upgraded sound system and sunroof. Was very nice.

The Limited gets you a lot of features minus fancy wheels and depending on the package the rear AHC.

The platinum is the highest I believe for the Sequoia and comes with all the bells and whistles which is heated and cooled front seats, the AHC and 22 inch chrome wheels.

Don't hold me to the letter on those options, Toyota has done some wonky stuff since the era I'm used too.

My mother is getting ready to sell her ‘14 gx460, so that is also on my radar. I am leaning more toward a Tundra now that I think about it. I will always have my 100, and a pickup truck is just so useful. I have that Magnuson supercharger in my head now too. Something about a 500hp pickup is very appealing. 😈

I had a Tundra Limited a couple of years ago. Loved the power but it really sucked gas. Parking was a pain in my town Malvern. It’s HUGE. And I was disappointed in the lack of features and tech for such an expensive purchase. I had the TRD exhaust and the sound was incredible. Put TRD Pro suspension and roll bar on it. Looked bad ass with 33” KM2s. It was awesome for road trips and my wife even liked driving it (except for the parking). Sold it after getting my 80. If you really want a truck I’d advise shopping other brands to see what’s out there and compare specs. I wish I had.

My mother is getting ready to sell her ‘14 gx460, so that is also on my radar. I am leaning more toward a Tundra now that I think about it. I will always have my 100, and a pickup truck is just so useful. I have that Magnuson supercharger in my head now too. Something about a 500hp pickup is very appealing. 😈
I bought a 16 limited Tundra back in February. Love this thing! There not so easy to find but mine is a long bed. MPG is 13-14 but my commute is too short only 7.5 miles. More power then I know what to do with and it pulls 10k lbs.

Everyone should own a truck.

I traded in a Ford to get a 15 Tundra. The other brands do have more tech. But the Tundra will get you home.

Chuck I think you’ll really like the Sequioa for the family. My wife DDs an ‘06 which is the previous body style. It has markedly more room than the 100 and 200. The newer sequoias with the 5.7 sound like it would be a great option for you.

It is noticeably not as nice or as refined as the LC but the extra space is worth it for the beach family hauler.

Hey Ben!

Been looking at Tundras all weekend. Since I’m keeping my 100, a pickup does make more sense. Sequoia is still in the running though. I am going to drive both this week.

Where’s the dog going to sit in the tundra?!

Where’s the dog going to sit in the tundra?!
I did think about Winston. The kids will have to make room for him in the back seat!

Let me know when mom needs the 460 gone please.

Buy a Tundra.

They're big and thirsty, but I like mine quite a bit.

Tows like a champ!

2 kids and a lab is a crowd in the back of even a crew max tundra. I still vote sequoia.

Did you go test drive both? I’d be curious to hear how nice the new apple play is, which I believe is standard on both the 2020 sequoia and tundra.

I need a new work truck soon, but apparently ‘21 will be an all new redesigned tundra so might hold out for that.

2 kids and a lab is a crowd in the back of even a crew max tundra

His kids are still little...for now.

I think by the time they're ten, the little bruisers will be too big for the back seat of any vehicle!

The boys are 5 and 4, but the boosters take up some space. Back of the tundra is enormous, so it is ok for right now. There would be a fair amount of trips that we would leave the dog with my parents, so I don’t want to shut down the tundra idea just based on that.

Got busy with work, but I’m going to drive both this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom