Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ratchet strap the handles to the lip in the base?

Riffing off this, could you use the handle straps that you'd use on a fridge slide?

1655485144883.png
1655485477830.png

I couldn't find any Toggle Clamps that were the right length. Even the ones that were close were very expensive (closiing in on $100 each). I decided to go with a locking ratchet strap that has steel cables sewn in to the fabric. At the end of the day from a security perspective , I'm just trying to keep people honest. Anything on the outside of the truck will grow legs with enough time allowed.

I'll see how it goes.

Any suggestions on weather resistant locks for the actual box? Weather here is crazy 220+ inches of snow, and a ton of single digit or lower days.

I couldn't find any Toggle Clamps that were the right length. Even the ones that were close were very expensive (closiing in on $100 each). I decided to go with a locking ratchet strap that has steel cables sewn in to the fabric. At the end of the day from a security perspective , I'm just trying to keep people honest. Anything on the outside of the truck will grow legs with enough time allowed.

I'll see how it goes.

Any suggestions on weather resistant locks for the actual box? Weather here is crazy 220+ inches of snow, and a ton of single digit or lower days.
I have a brass masterlock on my trailer coupler. It sits outside all year. Never oiled it and after 6 or 7 years it still works every time.

I'll see how it goes.

I've trashed up this thread enough, so here is what I decided to do: More Dissent Rear Bumper Questions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/more-dissent-rear-bumper-questions.1286109/post-14501807

Everything they do is 🔥!!
Check out the twist action they snuck in there…

CE8DF44F-BD40-4093-B61C-A92B3B76454E.jpeg

2A6ACFAA-C35E-43C2-A34A-4C0738D2F7A9.jpeg

A46D7022-6C66-4616-9C70-23B8FCCD096C.jpeg

(The little stainlesss bracket is what comes stock with the lights)

Thats awesome, is this a new product? I have been wanting something like that for my rack, wwas going to try 3d printing something similiar that has the lights coming off at an angle.

Thats awesome, is this a new product? I have been wanting something like that for my rack, wwas going to try 3d printing something similiar that has the lights coming off at an angle.
They might be adding to their website soon, but you can Email for purchase. I know they have them in stock.

Last edited:
Seems like Dissent has gotten a contract with Lexus for the upcoming GX that is coming out. Is this why so many things remain backordered or not put into production? If so, happy that Dissent is expanding, but would have been great to know why it's been forever since the 200 series roof rack is in stock/available.

Seems like Dissent has gotten a contract with Lexus for the upcoming GX that is coming out. Is this why so many things remain backordered or not put into production? If so, happy that Dissent is expanding, but would have been great to know why it's been forever since the 200 series roof rack is in stock/available.

I thought they had a post on their IG a few weeks back stating that they had a few in stock and ready to ship?!

I find that it's best to email or call them directly, they will tell you if they have stuff available or in queue that isn't reflected on their website. That said, they are a small shop pumping out bespoke quality niche products that are in high demand so it is what it is. I waited nearly 9 months for my bumper.

Last edited:

That would be news to us! 🤔

But yes we have a few closeout racks that are ready to ship and we're test fitting the updated version (below) next week so will likely start taking preorders on those soon.

IMG_4903.jpg

That would be news to us! 🤔

But yes we have a few closeout racks that are ready to ship and we're test fitting the updated version (below) next week so will likely start taking preorders on those soon.

View attachment 3343092
Whats the difference between v1 and this new v2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom