Discount Tire - why is it so difficult? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I brought in my stock Toyota wheels to them to mount the BFG 33x10.5 tires I had ordered. They then said they couldn’t do it because the rims were “not a configuration compatible with my tire size“. Then they wouldn’t even sell me the tires.
I ended up having a guy that does truck tires source and mount the tires. Saved a few bucks too.

I brought in my stock Toyota wheels to them to mount the BFG 33x10.5 tires I had ordered. They then said they couldn’t do it because the rims were “not a configuration compatible with my tire size“. Then they wouldn’t even sell me the tires.
I ended up having a guy that does truck tires source and mount the tires. Saved a few bucks too.
This is exactly why I will be doing this same thing - ordering them from Tire Rack and shipped to my local Race Prep Shop. Heck, I even know how to Mount & Balance tires (these are 10" rims from my old Mini).

ULCK2878.jpg

There are two different sites. Discount tire and Discount tire Direct. Maybe that's the issue.

Had the exact same thing happen to me. Would not let me complete my purchase and bc of the hassle I missed the window to receive a $110 discount. I have been using Discount for years for personal and corporate but they are definitely sticklers for the rules. I have a feeling they will not mount the BFG I want on my 6” stock steelies. I tried a smaller independent and they ended up sucking even worse.

I just ordered from Discount Tire direct (5% military discount) without picking a vehicle. Will be taking them to a friend’s shop for mount and balance.

I knew they would not mount my tires, so I didn't tell them what I was putting the tires on. Sounds like the lawyers and Insurance agents have gotten involved.
I would bet on this!

The joys of moving to an online world. My sons love shopping online. I despise it. I just go to my local tire shop and they put on whatever I want. I know I pay more but I like shopping with them. I do make an exception and do most of my FJ40 shopping online with Mud vendors. I do appreciate that part of online shopping so I guess I am hypocritical to an extent!

@Last Flight Out, not sure if you already ordered from Tire Rack, but Discount Tire put out another $110 off on BFG offer this weekend. No problem ordering 33x10.5s from discounttiredirect.com, they didn't even ask what car it was going on.

@Last Flight Out, not sure if you already ordered from Tire Rack, but Discount Tire put out another $110 off on BFG offer this weekend. No problem ordering 33x10.5s from discounttiredirect.com, they didn't even ask what car it was going on.
This was the deal I want trying to get. I’ll see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom