1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

diff. questions

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by 83cruiser, Aug 1, 2005.

1. 83cruiser

83cruiser

Hi, i heard a rumor that the electronic locking diff from a tacoma can be used for the rear diff on a 60. Is this true and if it is, is it worth the trouble of doing the swap or just go w/ a aftermarket diff? money is tight that is why i'm looking into this. Also my 83 60 has a 2" lift can i fit 33"s w/ out rubbing too bad. Also will they make the truck a PITA to drive on the highway? I'm new to 4x4's so please bear w/ me. thanks ROB

83 fj60 2" lift (i think)
    87 bmw 325is (anti-rice weapon)

2. sl33py

sl33py

i am definately NOT all knowing, but from what i have gathered - w/ 2" you shouldn't have problems fitting 33"s. Some have them w/ stock (but keep it skinny 9.5ish). With your lift, i bet you could fit them no problem. Shouldn't be a problem on the road if your brakes are in good shape/adjusted. Someone else will chime in with more info i am sure.

Sorry - no clue about the diff.

Good luck!

rob

3. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    33's wll fit fine with your lift. Highway driving will be easier with bigger tires.

No idea on the locker, but still it can't be cheaper than an aussie locker. Do a search for Aussie locker and you'll find out what I"m talking about.

4. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I am clearing 33X12.50s with a one inch body lift and about 1 or 1.5in shackle lift. Its close though! But I bet you would be fine.

I dont think the Taco locker will fit, I could be wrong but I thought the Taco is the smaller diff, similiar to the front of a FZJ80

5. cruiseroutfit

cruiseroutfit Supporting Vendor Moderator

Taco locker is an 8", you need a 9.5" E-locker out of the rear of a FZJ80 :D

But, if you find a cheap 8" E-locker, send it my way :D