BVSV questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m having trouble with one of the BVSV’s I recently replaced. If I tighten the BVSV to the point it can’t turn it anymore (without using too much force) the nozzles point 90 degrees away from the metal tubes they need to connect to via the vacuum hoses. If I tighten it only to the point that the nozzles line up with the metal tubes, I have coolant leak through the threads despite using thread locker. I haven’t tried it after doing that extra 1/4 turn yet that would make the nozzles 90 degrees from the metal tubes, but I’m thinking it won’t leak after that.

Questions:
1) Do the nozzles on the BVSV need to point up towards the metal tubes that the nozzles connect to via the vacuum hoses or can the BVSV nozzles point 90 degrees away from the metal tubes and use longer hoses to connect the BVSV to the metal tubes?

2) Assuming the nozzles need to point up towards the metal tubes and not 90 degrees away from them, can I use permatex ultra black to form a gasket on the threads of the BVSV or is that dumb to do because coolant will touch it and there’s a chance it could mix with the coolant?

The nozzles don't need to point directly at the pipes. It might make it easier to put the tubing on if they do not. As long as the tubing is not going to be too close to moving parts like the fan and belts I think it should be OK.

What kind of thread locker are you using? I think you should be using a thread sealer, which could be something like the permatex form a gasket. Permatex makes something specific for water pump bolts, etc.

The nozzles don't need to point directly at the pipes. It might make it easier to put the tubing on if they do not. As long as the tubing is not going to be too close to moving parts like the fan and belts I think it should be OK.

What kind of thread locker are you using? I think you should be using a thread sealer, which could be something like the permatex form a gasket. Permatex makes something specific for water pump bolts, etc.

It’s either this or something very similar.

IMG_0595.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom