Delta VS Radius Arms (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would agree...super happy with my @Delta VS goodies. From the PO of my truck, I had the 2" OME lift, shocks, and caster bushings. Honestly, I really wasn't disappointed in the overall handling for a lifted truck with 315's. When I saw that the "3" Radius Arms were in a few weeks ago, I jumped on it and got them, front sway drops, rear bump drops, and rear panhard adjuster. Super happy with the difference in handling that these made...installed and in less than a week took a 750 mile round trip to WVA to wheel for the weekend. I went ahead and installed the 1" front spring spacers the night before I left to level things out...the road trip was smooth as butter and off-road handling had me keeping up with and even out-performing in some situations well built 200's (I do have a rear locker). Definitely must-have parts if you are building your 80...thanks @Delta VS !

Oh yeah, installation to me was really easy compared to other suspension stuff that I've done on other trucks of all makes.

Here's a shot of the additional caster correction compared to the OME polys....

any reason to NOT get the L arms over the non-L arms? pushing the front wheel forward is a pro, even if I never go up to 37"s, no?

I have no caster correction at all, with a 2.5" lift (dobinsons linear rate coils C59-166/C59-167), currently sitting on 285 tires. when these wear out, will go up to 315's

I'd say go with the standard 3 if 315's are your ultimate goal with the lift. Mine drives like a dream now on the road, and with no correction on yours so far, you'll be amazed. I'd also pair with the rear panhard adjustment bracket too....I did that first and noticed a nice improvement in road manners with that alone.

No rubbing with 315's on mine and geometry seems great...I am doing an alignment soon, but my toe and steering wheel have been slightly off since my purchase a year ago from PO.

any reason to NOT get the L arms over the non-L arms? pushing the front wheel forward is a pro, even if I never go up to 37"s, no?

I have no caster correction at all, with a 2.5" lift (dobinsons linear rate coils C59-166/C59-167), currently sitting on 285 tires. when these wear out, will go up to 315's

Probably a good question for Dave at DVS. I ran mine up to 85+mph on my 33's and the truck tracked perfectly (simply for additional point of reference before swapping to larger tires). I don't see any negative consequences on going L if you ever think 35's/37's will be apart of the equation - they effectively push the front axle forward another inch. No formal measurements from the alignment shop, but it's 'hands off of the wheel' straight' going down the highway. Assuming you have that and your tires are wearing evenly, nothing much to worry about (would indicate that your toe is in order). If you'll never exceed 35's then the 3" setup is probably fine....but it's a sick disease we all suffer from. 🤣

I was going bigger tires anyway so the L was the right application...just providing some feedback on the fact the truck rode great on the 33's with the L's before larger tires went on. I'm on a 4" setup for reference. Agree with @ETCruiser on including the Delta rear panhard bracket as well - it's part of the overall equation.

We did adjust the drag link to re-center the steering wheel slightly after install...otherwise, straight forward and HUGE improvements. I did 3000+ miles back and forth to AZ without the DVS arms and there were hours of white knuckle driving...never again!

we've been running long arms on all the shop rigs for a while now to see if there were any drivability issues, didn't find anything.

Question, I just got my arms installed today as part of my whole new suspension on my 96.

The arms don’t say left or right but obviously the side with the tab and bolt hole/recess is the LH…

Should I leave it all and just zip tie my abs wires back to the sway bar? What do you guys do with the locker wire on the passenger side?

I have the Icon/Slinky kit with 3” coils and 12” travel shocks.

70700616467__588747B1-3BAE-48E8-AF3D-E016DA32D8F3.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Question, I just got my arms installed today as part of my whole new suspension. The arms don’t say left or right but obviously the side with the tab and bolt hole/recess is the LH…

Should I leave it all and just zip tie my abs wires back to the sway bar? What do you guys do with the locker wire on the passenger side?

View attachment 3334550

View attachment 3334552
I used the brackets from the OEM arms and installed it onto the Deltas

Question, I just got my arms installed today as part of my whole new suspension. The arms don’t say left or right but obviously the side with the tab and bolt hole/recess is the LH…

View attachment 3334550

View attachment 3334552
I assume your rig is a 95+. On my 94, I needed to use the notch on my left delta arm for my brake lines. I have the same slinky set up too. I zip tied and routed all lines along the frame, sway bar, or other components. I don’t have my rig with me to reference but it wasn’t anything complex.

Yes, it’s a 96, sorry I forgot that detail! I saw the 93-4 is different. Pretty sure I know how I will do them now.

Drum roll please…for the first time in over three years, all DeltaVS radius arms have shipped AND we have a handful left over of ALL sizes. Get em while they’re hot. All of them have bushings installed so order with those to have them ship same/next day.

Of note, we are no longer going to produce 6” arms, as the @sleeoffroad 6” arms are great and that’s what you should get. Once these are gone, there will be no more.

IMG_0043.jpeg

Evening Mud :flipoff2:

It's no secret I'm an @Delta VS fanboy, all the delta gear is plug and play, and we'll just awesome!

My 3" radius arms have a few years on them, dozens of family camping and snowboard day trips, and include trails like The Rubicon, Slickrock, Sour Grass, And many others, no issues.

I am eyeing the belly armor pretty hard......

Screenshot_20220418-203949.png

I would agree...super happy with my @Delta VS goodies. From the PO of my truck, I had the 2" OME lift, shocks, and caster bushings. Honestly, I really wasn't disappointed in the overall handling for a lifted truck with 315's. When I saw that the "3" Radius Arms were in a few weeks ago, I jumped on it and got them, front sway drops, rear bump drops, and rear panhard adjuster. Super happy with the difference in handling that these made...installed and in less than a week took a 750 mile round trip to WVA to wheel for the weekend. I went ahead and installed the 1" front spring spacers the night before I left to level things out...the road trip was smooth as butter and off-road handling had me keeping up with and even out-performing in some situations well built 200's (I do have a rear locker). Definitely must-have parts if you are building your 80...thanks @Delta VS !

Oh yeah, installation to me was really easy compared to other suspension stuff that I've done on other trucks of all makes.

Here's a shot of the additional caster correction compared to the OME polys....

First picture, it appears that theirs a loss of ground clearance at the bottom of the arm over stock arms ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom