Delta VS Radius Arms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First picture, it appears that theirs a loss of ground clearance at the bottom of the arm over stock arms ?
As shown multiple times in this thread, our arms are similar profile to oem

As shown multiple times in this thread, our arms are similar profile to oem
OK, there's 32 pages do you have a reference. what does similar mean that there's only a small loss ?

Dave you arm's are very nice and popular. It's just a observation this is a forum right.

First picture, it appears that theirs a loss of ground clearance at the bottom of the arm over stock arms ?
My arms are slightly thinner than stock and I have noticed a slight difference when contact is made, I tried to articulate this below.

Billygoats 2¢

Compared to stock it seems to me that the front end slides/glides a little better than stock arms, I think if it sort of like a boat or a kayak tracking in the water compared to stock when contact is made there doesn't seem to be as much shifting around they seem to track across the rocks better. More predictable, hard to explain.

The Rubicon for example is a constant obstinate/ contact kind of trail, nothing but rocks, boulders and obstacles for 3 days.

Similar to a really good set of frame sliders which are sort of tubbed out allowing the truck to glide across an obstacle there's plenty of examples where both my frame sliders were in full contact as well as my radius arms sliding between, up, and over, an obstacle.

Screenshot_20231010-082932~2.png

On the lifted ones yes. This is due to the increase rotation of front axle backwards to account for caster. It’s like flexing your elbow more when doing a curl. If bend wasn’t there it would not clear tierod

OK, there's 32 pages do you have a reference. what does similar mean that there's only a small loss ?
the reference is this thread, in multiple places unfortunately I don't have time to go over it over and over again. similar means our arms have more clearance for the tie rod.

Dave you arm's are very nice and popular. It's just a observation this is a forum right.
it's not an observation, it's a question, asking about something that has been covered in this thread in multiple places. not being a dick, just have work to do and the info is in this thread.

also, thanks!

Spoken like a true salesman 😎

Easy short answer, yes there’s a small loss of clearance do to better clearances at the tie rod and better caster 😉

There fixed it for you.

If I didn’t already weld caster plates to my axle housing and the plate mod to the frame mounts to move the axle forward I would run these arms !!

yes there’s a small loss of clearance do to better clearances at the tie rod and better caster 😉

There fixed it for you.
except that's wrong, there isn't a loss of clearance

Even running castor plates theirs a loss of clearance, But whatever 🤷‍♂️

What amount of loss matters to you. I just installed these and there is no loss currently.

What amount of loss matters to you. I just installed these and there is no loss currently.
Any loss matters.
If there’s no loss now then there never will be.
Did you take pictures with measurements to back up your claims?
I’ve spent a lot of time under my 80 it looks like those arms hang lower just below the tie rod
If your a overlander its not going to matter if your into extreme technical rock crawling, it makes a difference.

It was nice to meet you at SAS 😎

Any loss of ground clearance, if any, has been inconsequential in my experience. Relocation of the axle forward and very significant improvements in on road handling characteristics make these arms fly off the shelf. As a side affect of their narrower cross section, the arms will deflect further and do this without binding in the brackets.

Any loss matters.
If there’s no loss now then there never will be.
Did you take pictures with measurements to back up your claims?
I’ve spent a lot of time under my 80 it looks like those arms hang lower just below the tie rod
If your a overlander its not going to matter if your into extreme technical rock crawling, it makes a difference.

It was nice to meet you at SAS 😎

I think you met a different Joe, I don't think weve met?

So I threw the old arm up next to the new and while not the most scientific it offers some comparison. I didn't measure because for me it's moot given the other benefits and in a quick side by side look, they were practically the same.

So I took a measurement which shows about a 1/2" difference but the the arms are not apples to apples as I have the L arms which push the axle forward another inch so they dont exactly line up perfectly to truly compare, you can see the old arm jammed up against the tierod. Unfortunately in order to get them to fit next to eachother, the old arm is slight pulled forward. If you were to move the axle back and inch the arms would likely be the same.

radius.jpg

Last edited:
I think you met a different Joe, I don't think weve met?

So I threw the old arm up next to the new and while not the most scientific it offers some comparison. I didn't measure because for me it's moot given the other benefits and in a quick side by side look, they were practically the same.

So I took a measurement which shows about a 1/2" difference but the the arms are not apples to apples as I have the L arms which push the axle forward another inch so they dont exactly line up perfectly to truly compare, you can see the old arm jammed up against the tierod. Unfortunately in order to get them to fit next to eachother, the old arm is slight pulled forward. If you were to move the axle back and inch the arms would likely be the same.

View attachment 3454868
Were you not a SAS 7 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom