Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I started a thread in the 200 section to stir some Interest. @HDJdreams im
With you man. I badly want one for
My 200. Lets keep on these guys until they produce one for the 200. I ordered one for my 80 last week.

I started a thread in the 200 section to stir some Interest. @HDJdreams im
With you man. I badly want one for
My 200. Lets keep on these guys until they produce one for the 200. I ordered one for my 80 last week.

Please tag this account when doing that kind of thing! Good to know about these. Thanks for mentioning here.

This bracket FINALLY CURED the unnervingly darty handling of my 80.

I spent 3.5 frustrating years... Begging the Collective Mud Brain: after 1.5 years and 3 mechanics, post-lift handling still sucks!!! ...and thousands of dollars, and week after week in the shop trying to fix this, nevermind countless hours reading Mud.

And I installed a plain vanilla 2.5" OME lift and 33s because I didn't want drama.

No one ever thought to look at the rear axle--I mean it's gotta be the front end cause it's steering problems, right? Rebuilt the steering box, installed Slee caster bearings and caster brackets and got 7 degrees of positive caster, it went on and on.

Nothing. Still darty. Hated to drive the thing on the freeway cause you could never relax and just drive.

Then I read this thread, installed the bracket, and now my 80 drives like a dream--just goes where you point it at 70 mph regardless of freeway bumps and ruts. Get caught between two big rigs at speed on bad roads? No big deal any more.

It's an absolute pleasure to drive now.

Just ordered a 3" bracket & it's going in along with all new rear LCA & UCA bushings. Very much looking forward to a more stable rear end...that's what she said...

That's awesome. I'm in the exact same boat spending thousands to get the steering/vibes to be much more stable as a daily driver, and am throwing this part on while doing several other items like a steering box rebuild. Hoping for similar results and will post back on my findings for throwing money at things.

This bracket FINALLY CURED the unnervingly darty handling of my 80.

I spent 3.5 frustrating years... Begging the Collective Mud Brain: after 1.5 years and 3 mechanics, post-lift handling still sucks!!! ...and thousands of dollars, and week after week in the shop trying to fix this, nevermind countless hours reading Mud.

And I installed a plain vanilla 2.5" OME lift and 33s because I didn't want drama.

No one ever thought to look at the rear axle--I mean it's gotta be the front end cause it's steering problems, right? Rebuilt the steering box, installed Slee caster bearings and caster brackets and got 7 degrees of positive caster, it went on and on.

Nothing. Still darty. Hated to drive the thing on the freeway cause you could never relax and just drive.

Then I read this thread, installed the bracket, and now my 80 drives like a dream--just goes where you point it at 70 mph regardless of freeway bumps and ruts. Get caught between two big rigs at speed on bad roads? No big deal any more.

It's an absolute pleasure to drive now.

I installed mine last weekend. Took some cursing and a lot of muscle but got it done. I had darting/wandering across uneven pavement and the wobble over speed bumps before, and that has effectively disappeared (still a little, but I also need to do caster brackets to fully fix the last bit). The top panhard bolt is very close to my ironman spring (like 2 mm), but I flexed it out and it doesn't appear to interfere. I will re-visit after my next off road trip to see if there are any marks on the spring.

I was just outside with a tape measure, and I have a 6" difference between the axle bolt and the frame bolt. However, I don't want to compromise articulation. Would the 3" be of any benefit?

I was just outside with a tape measure, and I have a 6" difference between the axle bolt and the frame bolt. However, I don't want to compromise articulation. Would the 3" be of any benefit?

We certainly think so. I hope we hear from other folks who have done this (installed our 3" PLB on taller lifts) and offer you their opinion as well.

The closer the panhard gets to flat, the less of an effect there is. So changing from a 6" difference to a 3" difference is going to have a much greater effect on handling than going from 3" to 0", if that makes sense? That's not to say there won't be a noticeable difference by going all the way (we've read plenty of great things from folks who've gone from ~3" to ~0" or close) from 6" to 0".

You would most likely still benefit from having an adjustable panhard to get your rig tracking perfectly, it will just be making a much smaller correction and there will be less "bump wiggle".

edit: @jonheld, in bold in first sentence

Last edited:
You would most likely still benefit from having an adjustable panhard to get your rig tracking perfectly...

So, I'm imagining I'll need to re-adjust my adjustable panhard when this goes in - 3" bracket going in, with a 2 7/8"ish axle bolt/frame bolt difference. Adjust it a hair shorter? Probably pretty evident once I get under the rig...

So, I'm imagining I'll need to re-adjust my adjustable panhard when this goes in - 3" bracket going in, with a 2 7/8"ish axle bolt/frame bolt difference. Adjust it a hair shorter? Probably pretty evident once I get under the rig...

I would absolutely recommend being ready to adjust it (by shortening), and it would be great if you report back what you found. Somebody posted a stock length at some point, but that info is buried somewhere.

I would absolutely recommend being ready to adjust it (by shortening), and it would be great if you report back what you found.

Will do - there's likely some sort of linear algorithm to figure it out, but I'm thinking it's more along the lines of a rch

No more tire to wheel well contact on full stuff since I installed my Delta riser bracket

Land Cruiser Products - LCP

IMG_1765.JPG

Can one of you guys remind me what the torque spec is for this bracket? (I know, I tried a quick search. Feel free to call me names.)

Anyone that has run this bracket with the dobinson C97-145VT variable rate heavy springs? I think I recall some interference with the slinky springs but how about the variable rate springs? Looking to do some overhaul of the supsension system and want to run this bracket, but wanted to check and see if anyone has run this combination!

NP looking forward to your feedback :)

I just got back from driving 200 miles with the bracket installed. This mod lives up to all of the hype. I'm another idiot who had this bracket sitting in my garage for a while because I had to remove the Slinky spring to install. I should have just invested the time long ago. I would say this bracket made as much difference as my castor correction brackets. My rig used to make me feel like I was rolling around on top of a beach ball. Now, it feels planted an flat through corners. Before, it felt like body roll in the rear would steer the vehicle. Now, that sensation is gone. Before, my rig would have moments where it would randomly pull left or right. That is totally gone. I used to have to use 2 hands to change lanes on crowned highways. Now, I can use 2 fingers. I suspect that this mod will help my tire wear as well because my rear tires tended to wear on the outside first. Without all that body roll, I'm curious to see if that wear evens out. Another happy customer.

my2Xvyih.jpg

I just got back from driving 200 miles with the bracket installed. This mod lives up to all of the hype. I'm another idiot who had this bracket sitting in my garage for a while because I had to remove the Slinky spring to install. I should have just invested the time long ago. I would say this bracket made as much difference as my castor correction brackets. My rig used to make me feel like I was rolling around on top of a beach ball. Now, it feels planted an flat through corners. Before, it felt like body roll in the rear would steer the vehicle. Now, that sensation is gone. Before, my rig would have moments where it would randomly pull left or right. That is totally gone. I used to have to use 2 hands to change lanes on crowned highways. Now, I can use 2 fingers. I suspect that this mod will help my tire wear as well because my rear tires tended to wear on the outside first. Without all that body roll, I'm curious to see if that wear evens out. Another happy customer.

my2Xvyih.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.
I also find It amazing such a small change can have such a noticeable impact on the way it drives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom