Delta Vehicle Systems Panhard Lift Bracket, 3" & 5" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You should be able to just jack up the frame to move the spring enough for that bolt to slide right outta there.

I had hoped it would be that easy. It’s not the fault of the bracket, the Dobinsons 233v spring just lines up such that it inteferes with removal, even when in a less compressed state. I’ll have to pull the spring or unload it to the point it can rotate when I have more time.

Out of curiosity, why did you focus on one bracket rather raise the Panhard 1.5” on the d-side and lower it 1.5” on the p-side?

I had hoped it would be that easy. It’s not the fault of the bracket, the Dobinsons 233v spring just lines up such that it inteferes with removal, even when in a less compressed state. I’ll have to pull the spring or unload it to the point it can rotate when I have more time.

Out of curiosity, why did you focus on one bracket rather raise the Panhard 1.5” on the d-side and lower it 1.5” on the p-side?

Seriously?? Your pic makes it seem like lifting the body about 6" or so with a Hi-Lift would get that spring to clear? Lame, sorry it's that much of a pain.

To your second question: why overcomplicate the situation? Nothing would be gained by a solution like that, also it would MORE than double the cost.

I won't show pics in order to reduce liability :hmm:, but I used one of those big 3,000 lbs ratchet straps with j-hooks on either end. I went under axle and hooked j-hooks on either side of spring. A few cranks on the ratchet strap and I was able to slide the upper link bolt out --- with safety glasses and strategic body positioning it didn't seem that risky.

BTW, I'm loving the bracket. I have the full Slee 6" lift kit on 35's and the drive quality was always reminiscent of a slightly tipsy hippo on roller skates. The bracket seems to have really settled down the constant side-to-side steering corrections and overall feels much more planted. Much easier and more relaxing to drive.

Good enough for me. Thanks. Now if the upper link bolt wasn’t conspiring with the coil to get me:

View attachment 1805127

To your second question: why overcomplicate the situation? Nothing would be gained by a solution like that, also it would MORE than double the cost.

Also, raising just the axle end is better geometry-wise IMO - It should raise the vehicle's roll-center, which helps with stability and counters body roll.

I won't show pics in order to reduce liability :hmm:, but I used one of those big 3,000 lbs ratchet straps with j-hooks on either end. I went under axle and hooked j-hooks on either side of spring. A few cranks on the ratchet strap and I was able to slide the upper link bolt out --- with safety glasses and strategic body positioning it didn't seem that risky.

BTW, I'm loving the bracket. I have the full Slee 6" lift kit on 35's and the drive quality was always reminiscent of a slightly tipsy hippo on roller skates. The bracket seems to have really settled down the constant side-to-side steering corrections and overall feels much more planted. Much easier and more relaxing to drive.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits of a PLB!

<snip>

Hard to believe we have waited this long to correct the geometry with the lifted 80 series.
Proud to be a distributor of this well engineered product
In stock and ready to ship
free shipping.png

Land Cruiser Products - LCP

the drive quality was always reminiscent of a slightly tipsy hippo on roller skates. The bracket seems to have really settled down the constant side-to-side steering corrections and overall feels much more planted. Much easier and more relaxing to drive.

This sums up my experience as well. I installed one of these about 2 weeks ago. The more I drive it, the more I notice that I'm not correcting my steering and not darting around when I hit ruts in the road.

@Delta VS, the discount code isn't working, please drop and scratch another 80 panhard lift bracket so I can purchase, thanks in advance.

Do you have a resolution for the castor correction AND the wandering together? Or still working on it?

Sorry, not sure I understand the question. As stated at the beginning of this thread, this product deals with wandering due to rear panhard issues, our radius arms deal with the caster correction. There IS a MUD discount when buying both together (our 'lift assist kit', seen here: DeltaVS “Lift Assist Kit” Mud Discount).

Sorry, not sure I understand the question. As stated at the beginning of this thread, this product deals with wandering due to rear panhard issues, our radius arms deal with the caster correction. There IS a MUD discount when buying both together (our 'lift assist kit', seen here: DeltaVS “Lift Assist Kit” Mud Discount).

My fault, I should read slowly. I thought I had read somewhere you were working on a kit which takes care of both of those issues arising from lifting.

My fault, I should read slowly. I thought I had read somewhere you were working on a kit which takes care of both of those issues arising from lifting.

Yes, the kit is in that other thread I linked to in the response that you quoted.

Yes, the kit is in that other thread I linked to in the response that you quoted.

Right I know about the discount thread now, thanks.
I thought you were working on a single device which would be the resolution for both issues. I suppose that's not possible?

Right I know about the discount thread now, thanks.
I thought you were working on a single device which would be the resolution for both issues. I suppose that's not possible?

Wellllll, not going to say it’s impossible, but we certainly aren’t working on a device that fixes steering issues from the rear axle.

This sums up my experience as well. I installed one of these about 2 weeks ago. The more I drive it, the more I notice that I'm not correcting my steering and not darting around when I hit ruts in the road.

Yes One of the most underrated mods for a lifted 80 and @Delta VS nailed it!
Shipping FREE in the USA but can/will ship world wide.

I had asked earlier in this thread if this mod was worth it for my rig (~3-4 inches of lift). It always had, what I thought, were great road manners for what the rig is. Washboard roads weren't great but I figured that went with the territory.

Anyway, after getting rear ended (no damage aside from needing an alignment...go steel bumper, go!) the shop was having a hard time getting the rear end in spec so I pulled the trigger on the bracket.

Holy s***, I had no idea what I was missing.

Pavement manners changed for the better but where I was blown away was on the 160 mile round trip from Boise-Atlanta (ID) trip that I just took. We took the route past Lucky Peak that's wash boarded and pot holed dirt almost all of the way. I simply couldn't believe the difference in handling. Previously, going into a wash boarded corner was a bit of a nerve racking affair, especially when you didn't expect it. Not anymore. The Pig tracked better through that terrain then I could have ever dreamed.

I haven't done any real wheeling with it installed yet but don't foresee anything but good things.

For anyone on the fence (from a guy who was very on the fence) this bracket is worth every single penny, IMO. The fact that Delta is right here in town for me is a huge bonus. The fact that they're super cool dudes doing awesome work makes it even better.

Thanks, Delta!

-Evan

Last edited:
worth the coin for a 2" lift ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom