Deflate tool with Rock warriors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

An ARB deflator, although I do have a set of Stauns too. The Stauns are nice if you're always airing down to the same pressure. Which i find is seldom the case since conditions and terrain dictate the degree that I air down.

ARB not working for you must be down to the stem choice when your tires were mounted. I specified longer snap in stems which gives me enough clearance for the ARB (flexing the stems a bit though) but still don't stand proud of the rock ring.

If you have the metal thread-in stem type , I could see those not working.

You know, I was actually thinking of my 100, which also has RW wheels, but no TPMS -- so rubber stems. TBH I haven't tried the ARB on the 200, and yep the Stauns are a bit of a waste of money and very fiddly to set properly.

Now I'm just as curious as you what people are using. I like the ARB pull the valve core design, it's quick and accurate. I've always wondered the wisdom of doing that but haven't had a stem or core go bad or get stripped in 10 years of using the ARB.

I originally bought 4 of these to go with the Stauns, but decided it was just quicker and easier to air down without the Stauns. I'm sure one of these with the ARB deflater will work fine.

The nice thing about the ARB is that it pulls the valve core and then a slider on the barrel either releases air or measures PSI at the gauge, depending on whether it's pushed in or out. When you're at your target PSI # you just push the slider in, rethread the core into the stem, and move on to the next tire.. It makes quick work of deflating without the valve core obstruction.

But really the hose you posted is all you really need. Could add a Schrader->NPT fitting at the end with no valve core to accept a gauge and then you wouldn't need to unclip to check where you're at.

Or just marry these two and pull the core:
Viaair threaded chuck and 1/4" NPT to Schrader

Last edited:
Gotcha, didn't realize the ARB deflater takes out the vavle core.

I have four of the adapters. I walk around the vehicle and hook them all up and then monitor the pressure via the dash. Once the first tire is close to the desired pressure, I walk around the vehicle and disconnect the adapters. It's very quick and I feel kind of silly for buying the Stauns.

The apex rapid deflators are amazing. I can do all four of my 35s with no tools in less than a minute from 37 to 15. Including verification with a gauge.

Great for airing up as well. You do have to put your tpms sensor on the inside bracket at mounting time, unless your rim has two valve holes.

The apex is interesting, but I don't think I want to take the tires off to fit them. If I was getting new tires then it would make sense.. maybe in the future.

I was looking at the Indeflate 2 tire system - as it is just a hose with a quick connector air chuck... also gives me the option to have F/R at different pressures which are the exact same side to side..

any other options?

I’m just chiming in to get updates as I’ve noticed it’s a royal pain to deflate with my ARB tool and would love another semi simple solution.

I’ve contemplated taking the rock rings off but, one I don’t love the look and two it defeats the purpose.

Any other good options?

Ordered this to try out, bead lock friendly with an extended tip.. basically an ARB clone.

$47 shipped

Ive used these for years, had a arb as well and realized it didnt work. I screw these on and set a timer on my phone for 6min. In my corn fed engineering experience. From 40lbs I am at 19-20lbs on my 285/70/17s, I then do the last bit by hand and kinda eyeball the spread on my tires. I go to 15ish

Ive used these for years, had a arb as well and realized it didnt work. I screw these on and set a timer on my phone for 6min. In my corn fed engineering experience. From 40lbs I am at 19-20lbs on my 285/70/17s, I then do the last bit by hand and kinda eyeball the spread on my tires. I go to 15ish

Ding, ding. In order to keep things stupid simple these are also what I use. If I lose one or two it’s zero sweat. Also they can be found for $18 for the Teraflex option and I see the Rhino USA version can be had on Amazon for $10.

I can’t find the post but someone just took their rings off to have the valve stem depression enlarged at a machine shop, then reinstalled.

I’ve considered this but the rings are clear coated so the machining would make the edges of that chip..

I’ve considered this but the rings are clear coated so the machining would make the edges of that chip..

Sounds like a perfect excuse to paint the rings TRD red! 🤪

ARB does make a deflator especially for beadlock wheels that has a longer stem. It is part # ARB510L It looks very similar to the deflator listed above. I typically use Staun deflators, but had been meaning to order the arb to have also. Went ahead and ordered.

The apex rapid deflators are amazing. I can do all four of my 35s with no tools in less than a minute from 37 to 15. Including verification with a gauge.

Great for airing up as well. You do have to put your tpms sensor on the inside bracket at mounting time, unless your rim has two valve holes.

Looking at these for my 200. Are you running them with the Rock Warriors? Is the STD size correct for the RWs?

Looking at these for my 200. Are you running them with the Rock Warriors? Is the STD size correct for the RWs?
I have them in alphaequipt rims. The AE have two valve holes, one armored for the tpms, and one extra for a quick deflator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom