Dealership recommendation by region (for repair on 100 series) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I understand that dealership is not the go-to place for most forum members' maintenance/repair 😂. But I'm hoping to get recommendation on top Toyota dealers that can work on 100 series better than others when that's the only option. For those of us take road trips often, Murphy's law strikes from time to time. A repair may be needed when being nowhere near trusted indie shops... when you skipped a couple never used special tools to make room for kids' stuff and those tools are exactly what's needed... when no parking lot allows you to check a bad leak... or when you're on your way to cousin's wedding and suddenly need a repair done in 8 hours...

So, are there trustworthy Toyota dealership that can perform quality work on 100 series in your region/state if going to the dealer is the only option or need something done urgently?

If you need something done urgently I don't know that you'll have the option/luxury of choosing where it's done.
Fortunately I have free 200-mile towing a year 😂 That gives me some degree of freedom. I figured many forum members' insurance or AAA membership may offer something similar. So if we know a great dealer in each region, we're pretty much covered when urgent issues or warning signs emerge.

In my area, there are a number of local independents that I might recommend. Dealerships, not so much, especially on a 16-25 year old vehicle.

Last edited:
I guess if you live around Chicago, you can take it to the Car Care Nut shop. Seems legit based on videos. Not sure what the reality is.

It all depends on the tech doing the work. I’d say you’re much more likely to find someone who knows the 100 series well at an independent shop.

I guess if you live around Chicago, you can take it to the Car Care Nut shop. Seems legit based on videos. Not sure what the reality is.
Guy loves his Toyota, the 600k LS restore was cool.

Usually the good indie shops/expert shops are backlogged, so may not be able to help right away. I wouldn't mind going to a reputable dealer for urgent repair. But as long as they do a good enough job and won't cause extra damage or I have to undo their bad job and redo it after I'm back home. 😂

As for dealer recs, I had good experience with Stevens Creek Lexus. They had a lot more experience with AHC stuff than the Toyota counterpart of the same chain. Also they disabled auto-lock and auto steering wheel adjustment using Techstream for free.

Wellesley Toyota is a good one in MA according to forum members' previous recs.

Any rec for the south east? Nashville, Atlanta, Alabama, Florida dealers?

If you need something done urgently I don't know that you'll have the option/luxury of choosing where it's done.
As an east coaster, nearly all parts come from the west coast when my dealer orders. The dealers are great but not usually able to do stuff fast. The Toyota dealership in Owings Mills, Md is pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom