Dash Surround Replacement Solution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good call on moving it out of the way from the shifter, but does the stock harness reach that far? Or would you have to solder extensions?

It reached.

I didn't put anything through the upper holes yet (I misplaced the "adapter" strip that was included with it... but I'll find it.)

Newer panels don't include that adapter strip. So you have to figure out your own mounting, and just drill some holes in the dash support. Do the lower holes line up anyway?

Has any body done one of these for an FJ62?

IMG00027-20110418-1734.jpg

IMG00028-20110420-1854.jpg

IMG00031-20110420-1901.jpg

Thought I'd toss out some ideas. It's a little late but, knowing how everyone likes pictures, I thought it'd be OK.
IMG00027-20110418-1734.jpg
IMG00028-20110420-1854.jpg
IMG00031-20110420-1901.jpg

Sweet

Sent from outer space via my mind

WOW now that one look almost like it was meant to be there?! Is that a new revision?

x2. I'd give my left arm for a set for the 62 series. Ditch that factory plastic in favor of some aluminum or 16ga steel, it's got me drooling just thinking about it. Especially because all my dash plastic is pretty much annihilated.

Thanks guys. I apreciate the feedback. My panel was constructed from adding a cutout of the 4 switch openings from a donor panel into the area where the ash tray had been. Same concept as what S&S is building but with a stock look in mind. I was suggesting that he might want to make a version that looked closer to stock for guys like me that like an all Toyota look. Mods are great but mods that don't look like mods are even better (to me anyway).

It would have been much easier to purchase a panel like he's designing. Plus most of our old panels are still brittle and cracked and a new stronger replacement would be fantastic. Being able to customize the switch holes for ARB's standard size is a huge bonus as is relocating the 12V plugs.

In order to use the Toyota switches I had to disassemble and customize each lens and tie it into the existing lighting system. It would have been so much easier (and cheaper) to use standard switches. I like the stock look but if I were to do the same thing again and S&S's product is available I would definitely go for his custom panel.

I look forward to having the option of a ready made replacement. Especially if there is a FJ-62 panel.

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg
DSC00541.jpg
DSC00542.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom