Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Jeff what was with all the questions about an 80 the other day? Are you looking into getting one of those too?
Congrats on the FJ.
Have you had any of the ill effects of the storms that blew through KY? The news reports looked pretty bad.

Yeah, the 12" of snow and ice really kicked our......... nothing! We were in Florida the entire week, LOL!

My friend and I were scheming to get 15's inder his 40th anniversary 80 series.. he wants black wheels and 35's so I was trying to help figure it out.

I was between a 100 series, 80 series, and FJC....... figured I would try the 120 platform since we like the 4runner so much, plus it is so well configured for wheeling (someday, ya know )...

Well hell...I also picked the :princess: up an 08 FJC in blue two days before xmas. It will be a pavement queen for quite some time as well. I also have amassed enough bits and pieces to see if I can bring life back to that rusty green pig I picked up from you. A few warm weekends and we shall see if it'll huff and puff. Don't forget Jeff...if your coming east via Columbus...stop and pick up some tires for me ! Congrats on the FJC...I like it...Jake on the other hand misses the rear slider windows of the 80 or the 360 view of the 40.

Hey, I dumped the Sami and picked this up :)

couple holes in the floor, otherwise it is rustless ... unbelieveable. '81 Hilux with funky leaf paint, snorkel, and silly roll bar rails :lol:
81 Hilux.jpg

you're fawkin ridiculous:lol:

mini looks decent though...so what are the plans? 4.3? exo? and 37's? :lol:

speaking of getting rid of rigs, anyone wants to buy my cummins??...i need to sell it;p

I guess I plan to wheel it and use it around the house, 'scaping and wood truck... should work well for that..

I have a little engine work to do, then I have t-case doubler to do, 35's to throw on... don't think it'll get the workup the '85 got since I am going for dual purpose with it... likely some paint and armor, lockers, winch, that's about it but I am not in a hurry with it, it is wheelable as is and it was CHEAP :)

I'm glad to see that your shmukster-itis wasn't cured when you left PA. I'm disappointed that you have some land around you - I would've thought that the neighbors would have loved to seen all your vehicles around the yard...

yard art kentucky style :grinpimp:

bk

What'd you say? You bought some gay pride rig?

NTTAWWT...

They're sitting on a pile alright... Just not gold.
Nice parts vehicle, if all you need parts for is the hard top.

Not too far from my house....Have heard good things....
Neighbor was looking at a pick-up there...

But don't have personal experience with them.
I could ask the neighbot what he thought.

Craig

Craig, did you see the work your pop did on my 40? He does nice work, good man!! Steve

Not too far from my house....Have heard good things....
Neighbor was looking at a pick-up there...

But don't have personal experience with them.
I could ask the neighbot what he thought.

Craig

Thanks for posting up. I am glad to hear they have a good reputation in the area. They seem to be a rather unique dealer in that they carry a large selection of used cab & chassis trucks unlike any other dealer I can find in the multi-state area.

'68 Green FJ40 parked at new bar/restaurant on 611

The truck is parked outside a new restaurant called Iron Abbey just south of Willow Grove NAS on Easton Rd in Hatboro-Horsham. It's a Pub with a Brazilian steak house in back.
They are using the FJ40 as advertising "Because of the name of the restaurant and the toughness and unique look of the Land Cruiser" - a quote from one of the owners. I had to stop and ask about the truck... of course. They bought it in Oregon and had it shipped here. It looks to have been built for wheeling with a roll cage, roof rack and OME 2.5" lift.
Just thought I'd pass it along incase anyone happened by the area and was thirsty. :beer:

I will have a drink there if for no other reason than they know what a Land Cruiser is.

Cheers-
-Stump

That's pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom