Daily Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a bitch when you get to that point.

Nope, I shall continue on my path to suckitude. We have plans to be in the mountains of western North Carolina that weekend.

Wow this place is dead lately. Is everyone's seasonal affective disorder kicking in or what? When are we gonna look at a winter trail ride?:bounce::bounce2:

Hey folks, I thought I check in officially, now that I own a 69 bronco. It is a 302 sport model, 20 xfer case ,smitty front bumper. set up for plowing. It has the original spare tire holder and an aftermarket one that also hold 2 jerry cans. I got the original headliner and a like new soft top. A brand new spare and 4 50% 32's on it. And a roll bar...

I'm not sure what I'm gunna do with it. I have patrol and this one is a lot rougher than I was led to believe. It needs a tailgate, front floors, hood, windshield, rockers and trans shifter.

I've always loved these, a high school buddy had a 69. I believe it was a hard top. we wheeled the pee out of it, I passed on one when I was 19 and again last year. to get my patrol. This one came a long so I grabbed it.

I love my patrol, quite unique, but I hate to modify it to much. It's fairly clean, rebuilt engine solid frame and body... I tried a roll bar and putting a back seat in it. But I pulled it out, it just bothered me to much. I do take the kids on some back yard trails, they sit up front or in the jump seats if the top is on. My thoughts with the bronco are; it's a bit more setup for my family style.. The 7yr old hates it.I think he knows what's going to happen to the patrol... then again come summer when I really tear into this I may just part it.

The wife already said first thing is to cover it, second item is the sunbeam is first.
1f71291473n93m03lc8bs0bf1b52bf90c1ac5.jpg
IM002457.jpg
IM002458.jpg

Happy New Year to all!

Just so ya'll know, I sold the minitruck Sat. and turned most of the dough into the family fund :crybaby: but... I am building up the HJ60 for long road trips and moderate to hard wheeling :D

Full OME heavy suspension (already installed)
IPOR seats and Tuffy console
rear is locked
4.88 gears
ARB'ed front FJ62 axle
24V Warn Winch (already installed)
35 X 12.50 Hankook Dynapro MT's
borrowed a friend's bender for some armor (fender bars, sliders, quarter protection, maybe rain gutter sliders too if I can work it out)

I am hoping to come up for a Fri-Sun Wheeling weekend at Rausch this spring so... hope to see you all! I'll start a thread soon on which weekend... John says his white sami may be ready so I hope we have a good showing...

:popcorn:

Are you gunna start a build thread or do you already have one?? Sounds sweet...

bob

so I took a little money from the sale of the minitruck and bought this:

Yo000171.jpg

My buddy Luke is driving in the pic... planning on throwing my 62 axles, ARB and rear locker under it. The sami is FI and SOA with tcase gears.. should be interesting and I can drive it on the road in KY with 35 MPG :D

It'll be trailered for wheeling but still useful for me to get around town. I am stoked to try something new :popcorn:

35 mpg???:lol::lol::lol:

you might get 35 mpg if it was brand new off the lot, stock tires, and thats still being hopeful and driving slow:lol:

15-20 with any tires 31" or bigger is more realistic:flipoff2:

i dont believe you;p...is that calculated with the tire change and high range reduction of the tcase?...stock high range is 1.41:1, your tcase gears could be anywhere from 12-25% lower than that

if you're actually getting 30ish, thats awesome, best i've ever gotten was 27, with 29" at's and gears to match them perfectly;)

so I took a little money from the sale of the minitruck and bought this:

Yo000171.jpg

My buddy Luke is driving in the pic... planning on throwing my 62 axles, ARB and rear locker under it. The sami is FI and SOA with tcase gears.. should be interesting and I can drive it on the road in KY with 35 MPG :D

It'll be trailered for wheeling but still useful for me to get around town. I am stoked to try something new :popcorn:

I think you need some zebra stripes on that rig.. ;)

bob

Are those spare parts you plan to put on this or are you stealing from the HJ60 stash?

BTW--speaking of expedition junk, I'm slowly building a parts pile. OBA, dual batts, 1000w invertor, and would like to figure out a fresh water holding system. That may have to wait until after a rear bumper, though. The :princess: is getting more on board with the idea . . . we even discussed Engel fridge/freezers and RTTs last night!

My HJ60 fits in the garage now on 31's (since I adjusted the doors) so my princess nixed the 35's under the HJ60 so..... it happens that 62 axles under a Sami are like D60's under a minitruck, makes since to me, LOL.... I kinda had it in the back of my mind when I bought it though to be honest.

Zebra stripes would be cool... the DRI punk logo painted on the hood is classis though...

I took the Sami out on the frozen trails today... promptly got stuck in the ravine and had to winch it out with the 60 LOL... it could use some more tire and front locker but really it wheels pretty fun right now..

Brett you must be persuading her in some way to get those topics under consideration... great work!

I like the Sammy! I've always thought these would be fun to wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom