D shift light is down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Please help me to solve my issue with my FZ80 1997, the shift handle when D drive is on would not light up, what would you think it is? a matter of light bulb burnt or something else?

I already take the cluster off but found that the lights are so tiny and one piece each one, a I didn't replace any.

I changed the gauges lights (4 total) and kept the remaining those at the bottom (which are lined horizontally )

Please help, I would like to reinstall the cluster again, I have spent too much time waiting for the leds to arrive.

Sorry if this thread has been answered before, but there is too much information

Neto

What, yours was lit?

Just kidding, most everybody's D light is blown.

Night riding is more easy going and way much less distraction with that famous light OFF jajaja

This is exactly why I haven't fixed mine.

and yes, the little bulb can be had from Toyota - and there's a small "sock" that goes over those bulbs, to make them light up red or green or whatever Mr. T wanted them to be

sorry, I don't have the parts numbers handy

@Onur know the P/N for the green bulb condom??

Top number is the for P (park with the green condom) the bottom part number is for the rest. Just did mine.

Screenshot_20200717-014451_Outlook.jpg

Cmon guys. You couldn't find this?

It is also worth a try to hit the top of the dash with your and (pretty hard). I've had luck doing this.

Are you talking about the Light around the D near the speedometer? If so my D light is still lit after all these years. When it does go out, it's usually because a tail light or brake light bulb is out, Also, I had a ground issue with the brake light at one point. The ground wire broke from the actual socket that the light went into. When that ground issue was fixed, the D light came back on too.

Mine stopped working right after i bought the truck , tapped on the gauge and it came back on guess i was lucky

Well unfortunately my D light came on. I've been pretty happy about it not working all this time and today I popped back on. Haven't been doing anything with the dash but I did wire in some tail lights to the bumper and install a 7 pin trailer plug. I assume it is related to me adding a larger ground wire. Tail lights were always pretty bright but they are LEDs so they don't have a lot of draw. Anyway I guess if this keeps going on, I might have to just pull the bulb out of the cluster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom