D light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read on some board that their D light for "drive" on dash was burnt out. I went out to check my D and it worked. The next day it went out :(. Thanks to who ever posted that message :p. Now I have to fix mine.
What does the bulb look light or part #. I have several Toyota tiny bulbs on hand?
kurt

Rick,

Should I make him search or just post the number AGAIN? ::)

There is a thread by Cary or Curran?? about a month ago on this with directions on how to pull the dash. The part No's are listed. See if you can beat the 30 minute estimate
Kurt.

Semlin (who is one of many currently living with the shame of no D light while waiting for Toyota to issue a long overdue recall to address this heinous design flaw)

Simon,

Don't tell Kurt, it's a 90072-02005............. 8)

It's not that difficult a repair. It's easier if you pull the steering wheel, but it's not necessary. Just be careful putting the dash back together so you don't break the delicate plastic pieces.

I searched "D drive light" with no luck :mad:
kurt

I did several searches with no more luck now or then :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I see a 90072-02005 in the lower right-hand corner ::)

It looks like you could use a few bin boxes. :eek:

Dayton makes the ones I use. :D

My bin. Its a fliptop. I have to dig to find any part I want. The part I want is always on the bottom :-\
kurt

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=3795;start=0#msg27902 date=1058645209]
It's not that difficult a repair. It's easier if you pull the steering wheel, but it's not necessary. Just be careful putting the dash back together so you don't break the delicate plastic pieces.
[/quote]

DO NOT PULL THE STEERING WHEEL IF YOU HAVE AN AIRBAG TRUCK. You can hurt or kill yourself. Only pull the wheel on a 94 or earlier. :eek:

Cary

Kurt,

Do you keep the box in the truck, or do you keep those parts at home?

I have a rack that slides in the receiver that would fit the bin just fine.
Mostly it is seals/gaskest and other parts that I haven't got around fix-n yet. Next time I will order a full gasket set for the whole vehicle. It would be much easier then ordering them one at a time.
kurt

Sorry, Kurt. :-[
I started that thread last month (msg10853) about the dead D for Drive Light. There was a step-by-step repair posted on the thread, but I haven't attempted it. I've got a fair amount of highway driving coming up, and I'd just as soon have a dark dashboard for night driving -- and IIRC the rheostat doesn't dim the D-rive light.
Frankly it was funny, since I also posted the question to the Oz-dominated 80Scool board -- and it sounds like there isn't a working D-rive light in all of Oz :D

LT
8)

And for a weird twist to the mysterious "D" light, both mine and another's guys trucks had the "D" lights out, after our truck was hit, the light works and after he shorted out part of his wiring, his works.

LT, the message is not searchable from my computer. It must of got lost in the switchover :( I have a FSM so I don't need the post to pull the dash but I just couldn't remember where I saw the post. I might of read it on the OZ site,oopps that is the other site :eek:. Sorry Woody my eyes tend to stray a bit but I will be faithfull :D
kurt

(I'm not picking on Kurt... really, I'm not!)

Kurt,
Looking at your parts bin and seeing all those O-rings and seals, it's no wonder your truck leaks like a sieve. When you put on a new part you need to use the gaskets, O-rings, and seals; it helps. ::)

-B-

The only leak now is the front pinipon seal, again :mad:
It is super slow leak. I will use sealant around the seal this time.
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom