CSC Random picture thread (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thought these pictures were more current. Figure the snow is long gone south of the rim along I-17 by now.

Nice Tbird
MVIMG_20190105_091203.jpg

Nice FJ40, too bad they missed a small detail with the incorrect replacement part.
I'm sure they would have benefitted by consulting you before completing their restoration!

My eyes don't catch that kind of stuff, I'm not familiar enough with FJ40s. I'm sure most of them weren't totally sorted like they should have been.

The one I saw that made me puke was a very nicely built Shelby Cobra replica... Everything looked great until I saw the $25 ebay fake projector headlights. Seeing those made me wonder what else the builder cheaped out on.

While looking through some old pictures, I was reminded of the 60 series Land Cruiser that helped my family out of tough spot on the way to Martinez Cabin. I had backed my stock 2001 expedition onto a rock and it tore open my transmission pan. The gentlemen in the 60 offered help as he drove by. We were able to jack up the truck with his high lift, stash some rocks behind the tires and pull it back and over the rock. My parents and kids headed to the highway on their quads to fetch a new transmission pan and quarts of fluid that another family member brought to the meeting spot. My wife and I hung back and waited for the supplies. I was able to limp home, saving a costly tow. Anyway, I'm hoping someone knows who the driver of this cool rig was back in 2006, when this happened. I remember falling in love with the cruiser.

FJ.JPG
EXP.JPG
VIEW.JPG

Off the highway in Norwood, CO. Pretty cool old Scout.
IMG_5315.jpg

Need to tell your brother to hop in a time machine back to 1978 and flipped the bezel on that 75/76.
I know this is a picture thread and not "Flip that bezel!" but that picture begs a question. Was the bezel a port installed or dealer installed item? I'm trying to wrap my head around why the bezel would be taken off an essentially new vehicle (2-3 years old) and installed wrong. It clearly didn't have the snowplow mod.:grinpimp: Just thinking out loud that dealer/port install errors might explain better the preponderance of wrongly affixed bezels in the US.

I know this is a picture thread and not "Flip that bezel!" but that picture begs a question. Was the bezel a port installed or dealer installed item? I'm trying to wrap my head around why the bezel would be taken off an essentially new vehicle (2-3 years old) and installed wrong. It clearly didn't have the snowplow mod.:grinpimp: Just thinking out loud that dealer/port install errors might explain better the preponderance of wrongly affixed bezels in the US.
You have to take the bezel off to replace a headlight.

I saw this leaving the office the other day and had to snap a few pics.

IMG_20190111_165340478_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190111_165344829_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom