CSC Chat (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone interested in watching some live aircraft data, worth having a look:
Been watching the helicopters circle DT PHX this evening and the tankers running water to the fire up off i17 all day.

Just in from dispatch on the truck E-Log, Hwy 60 is closed near Top of the World due to wildfire. And their famous advice; "Find an alternate route".
Sorry for the guys coming Eastbound just pulling into Superior.:doh:

And, I passed a fire on I-17 last night that had the northbound lanes closed near Beaver Creek/McGuireville. Flames were at the guardrail.

They should rename 17 "the Wildfire Highway."

"Interstate 17, it may be closed, but look at all that beautiful scenery!"

Missed the one at Beaver Creek since I got on I-17 at General Crook trail this morning then headed south. Did get to see the sea of black on the east side across from Sunset Point. It's now to the point when going to drive I-17 check first to see if there are any closures and hope that nothing changes.

021 Ford Bronco 2-Door looks to be an off-road warrior
Ford's new Bronco comes in a rugged-looking 2-Door trim that's ready to hit the trails.
Steven Ewing headshot
Steven Ewing

http://www.twitter.com/stevenewing
July 13, 2020 5:00 p.m. PT
2021-ford-bronco-2-door-001.jpg

1 of 19
Ford

Great googly moogly it's the 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door. Finally!
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-005.jpg

2 of 19
Ford

We've been waiting for this little guy for nigh on three years and if the spec sheet is any indication, it looks to be one hell of an off-roader.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-015.jpg

3 of 19
Ford

The Bronco is offered in Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrak, Badlands and First Edition trims.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-007.jpg

4 of 19
Ford

You get your choice of a base 2.3-liter I4 EcoBoost engine with 270 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. With this setup you get a seven-speed manual transmission or a 10-speed automatic.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-002.jpg

5 of 19
Ford

You can trade up for more power in the form of a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 pushing out 310 horses and an even 400 pound-feet of torque. However, this engine is only mated to the 10-speed automatic.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-003.jpg

6 of 19
Ford

When outfitted with the optional 35-inch tires, the two-door has an approach angle of 43.2 degrees, a departure angle of 37.2 degrees and a breakover angle of 29 degrees.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-004.jpg

7 of 19
Ford

Ground clearance on the two-door model with 35-inch tires is 11.6 inches.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-006.jpg

8 of 19
Ford

There are many thoughtful details like the Trail Turn Assist that locks up the inside rear wheel for tight corners.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-008.jpg

9 of 19
Ford

We don't have full pricing for every trim, but the base 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door starts at $29,999 including $1,495 for delivery.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-009.jpg

10 of 19
Ford

Keep scrolling for more photos of this ubercapable little SUV.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-010.jpg

11 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-011.jpg

12 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-012.jpg

13 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-013.jpg

14 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-014.jpg

15 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-016.jpg

16 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-017.jpg

17 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-018.jpg

18 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-019.jpg

19 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

021 Ford Bronco 2-Door looks to be an off-road warrior
Ford's new Bronco comes in a rugged-looking 2-Door trim that's ready to hit the trails.
Steven Ewing headshot
Steven Ewing

http://www.twitter.com/stevenewing
July 13, 2020 5:00 p.m. PT
2021-ford-bronco-2-door-001.jpg

1 of 19
Ford

Great googly moogly it's the 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door. Finally!
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-005.jpg

2 of 19
Ford

We've been waiting for this little guy for nigh on three years and if the spec sheet is any indication, it looks to be one hell of an off-roader.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-015.jpg

3 of 19
Ford

The Bronco is offered in Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrak, Badlands and First Edition trims.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-007.jpg

4 of 19
Ford

You get your choice of a base 2.3-liter I4 EcoBoost engine with 270 horsepower and 310 pound-feet of torque. With this setup you get a seven-speed manual transmission or a 10-speed automatic.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-002.jpg

5 of 19
Ford

You can trade up for more power in the form of a 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 pushing out 310 horses and an even 400 pound-feet of torque. However, this engine is only mated to the 10-speed automatic.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-003.jpg

6 of 19
Ford

When outfitted with the optional 35-inch tires, the two-door has an approach angle of 43.2 degrees, a departure angle of 37.2 degrees and a breakover angle of 29 degrees.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-004.jpg

7 of 19
Ford

Ground clearance on the two-door model with 35-inch tires is 11.6 inches.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-006.jpg

8 of 19
Ford

There are many thoughtful details like the Trail Turn Assist that locks up the inside rear wheel for tight corners.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-008.jpg

9 of 19
Ford

We don't have full pricing for every trim, but the base 2021 Ford Bronco 2-Door starts at $29,999 including $1,495 for delivery.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-009.jpg

10 of 19
Ford

Keep scrolling for more photos of this ubercapable little SUV.
READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-010.jpg

11 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-011.jpg

12 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-012.jpg

13 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-013.jpg

14 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-014.jpg

15 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-016.jpg

16 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-017.jpg

17 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-018.jpg

18 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

2021-ford-bronco-2-door-019.jpg

19 of 19
Ford

READ THE ARTICLE

Ford is offering lift and tire upgrades, models with rear lockers, or front and rear lockers on some models. They look great.

I love going topless and like the look. The part I hate is there is not any Toyota engineering involved.
Could be as reliable as any Fiat, Dodge, Chrysler, Heep out there...

i feel like i am the only person who likes the fact that the doors and roof doesn't come off my cruisers...

I have never liked holes in roofs--totally self-defeating. And I like solid doors.

Bronco is impressive. I like how a base model can be configured with front and lockers and 35s. No BS. But its 1370 payload is BS--barely more than my Crosstrek.

I have never liked holes in roofs--totally self-defeating. And I like solid doors.

Bronco is impressive. I like how a base model can be configured with front and lockers and 35s. No BS. But its 1370 payload is BS--barely more than my Crosstrek.

But the approach and departure angles are amazing.

i feel like i am the only person who likes the fact that the doors and roof doesn't come off my cruisers...
You may be one of the minority who doesn't like options. Just because they can come off doesn't mean they have to, and I can't think of any drawbacks to having the option. I guess there are some potential issues down the road, but they see pretty minor.

We now have Bronco, Grenadier on deck, Wrangler selling nearly a quarter million units a year... America obviously loves utility 4WD wagons and has forever--there's obviously a market.

Will Toyota get in the game with a back to basics Land Cruiser offering?

You may be one of the minority who doesn't like options. Just because they can come off doesn't mean they have to, and I can't think of any drawbacks to having the option. I guess there are some potential issues down the road, but they see pretty minor.

I won't lie, I know I'm weird in a lot of my views. But the way I see it, everything that is removable is another location for leaks (and something for someone to steal) and a location for poor insulation. Rolling the windows down is plenty for me, I'm the guy wiping down the dash with a microfiber while at a red light, I don't like dusty interior.

Just something I am not interested in dealing with:

Maybe a return of the FJ?

I really hope not... I won't say I hate the way they look, but I always hated what they meant... it was easier for toyota to "develop" something new, give it the facade of utilitarianism, instead of giving us the 70 series. I know there is much more to that (ie, emissions standards and safety ratings), and I know the FJ is a capable rig, but I still take it a little personally that we got the FJ instead of a 70. or a 105.

More unpopular opinions by Joey :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I won't lie, I know I'm weird in a lot of my views. But the way I see it, everything that is removable is another location for leaks (and something for someone to steal) and a location for poor insulation. Rolling the windows down is plenty for me, I'm the guy wiping down the dash with a microfiber while at a red light, I don't like dusty interior.

Just something I am not interested in dealing with:

I really hope not... I won't say I hate the way they look, but I always hated what they meant... it was easier for toyota to "develop" something new, give it the facade of utilitarianism, instead of giving us the 70 series. I know there is much more to that (ie, emissions standards and safety ratings), and I know the FJ is a capable rig, but I still take it a little personally that we got the FJ instead of a 70. or a 105.

More unpopular opinions by Joey :flipoff2:
Can’t say I disagree with the disappointment with the lack of 70 and 105. We never get the nice toys.:cry: But I did like the looks of the FJ. It stood out as unique when I can’t hardly tell most Fords from Hyundais or Nissans from Toyotas in many cases.

Can’t say I disagree with the disappointment with the lack of 70 and 105. We never get the nice toys.:cry: But I did like the looks of the FJ. It stood out as unique when I can’t hardly tell most Fords from Hyundais or Nissans from Toyotas in many cases.
Don't get me wrong, they look nice, especially when built... and i won't dog on anyone for liking them. I just can't get over the implications of what market research says about the average american consumer.

Maybe a return of the FJ?
Meh, never was impressed by it. Didn't have the hardware, and the utility was compromised for aesthetics. Rather have a 4Runner, which is every bit as capable. Hoping the Landcruiser returns to its roots. I'd even be OK with IFS (gotta roll with the times, I guess, although I'd MUCH prefer SFA) if the specs were comparable to the Bronco.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, they look nice, especially when built... and i won't dog on anyone for liking them. I just can't get over the implications of what market research says about the average american consumer.
I completely agree with you there, but the only way to make the point to Mr.T is to vote with your dollar. Either buy non Toyota vehicles or don't buy anything until they get the point. Don't buy the luxury suv and spend a ton making it what you want. Strike Strike Strike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom