CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

and this proves what ?

just giving you s*** :flipoff2:

As a semi-public service, I am providing this rather flat reading material. Hopefully it will convince a few people that this whole COVID-19 thing is rather serious.

Seriously: if you are over 40, read it. If you are under 40 and have anyone over 40 you care about, read it. Even just looking at the charts and tables is informative, but reading the bits in-between helps fill in the reasons behind the graphics.

Attachments

• Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf
    715.2 KB · Views: 109
Interesting but I don’t see it as virulent as our home grown AZ flu virus, but what a play by the media!!

Seems some will believe black is white and white is black, but ONLY if the media tells them so. Interesting when that book was published.

This popped up last week on limited media, gotten more exposure, and looks promising....

Totally off-topic, but can anyone suggest a vendor for a plug to fit this outlet? DC, raw 12v, looks similar to the old 120/240 outlet still being used in China. Doesn't seem to be the same size though, the spades are the same size, a bit narrower than the typical US AC plug spacing, and of course, slanted about 22 degrees.. The genset vendor doesn't list the cable that came with the genset as a spare part, either.

Ideas?

Annotation 2020-03-26 224037.jpg

ps: Two minutes after posting, I found some Australian power cords that may fit, but most are 3 wite types or 2 wire with the molding the same large diameter, just missing the ground plug -- however, I dug out my international travel kit and - it is NOT the same plug. Wrong angle and wrong spacing. Argh.

And another wild ass guess at what it might be called I found this on Amazon. It is exactly the cable that came with my genset. Woot!

41WXKpG2rdL._AC_.jpg

Atima-Charging-Cable-Yamaha-Genrators/dp/B06XW2QLX2

Last edited:
Well - thanks, but it turns out the connector is NOT the Aussy version of a 110 AC plug. The DC plug has very similar spades, but has smaller spacing and different angles. The spacing prevents one from plugging into the other, and the angle is off enough I doubt you could force them without breaking things. But, I did find the proper wireset - seems Yamaha uses it on their generators, too.

This chip off the old block (there is a relevant pun involved) sent this to me (daughter).

BLAST FROM THE PAST
IMG_20200522_072730891.jpg

Been cool in the high country. Had a small fire in the wood stove in the mornings to take the chill off all this week. I've hung on to newspapers for years to use to pre heat the flue pipe so it draws once I start the fire. This was a flyer from Black Friday 2003. Would you pay a $1K for a no name 42" plasma TV today?

Too funny, I find myself checking out old old articles and adds while prepping the stove.
Finally got the Mastercool R&R'd for the summer without a ski jump off the metal roof, couple of "whoa" moments.
Agreed, some chilly mornings.

BLAST FROM THE PAST
View attachment 2315160

Been cool in the high country. Had a small fire in the wood stove in the mornings to take the chill off all this week. I've hung on to newspapers for years to use to pre heat the flue pipe so it draws once I start the fire. This was a flyer from Black Friday 2003. Would you pay a $1K for a no name 42" plasma TV today?

Yeah no kidding. How about that famous brand DVD player? When they're all out of Sony, pick up a Venturer portable DVD player... 🤦‍♂️

Has anyone done the White Rim Trail in Moab? My sister and her husband want to bike the entire trail and want me to tag along a support. Never been on it so not sure what to expect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom