Crusty FJ40 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just bought a new Toyota tank myself. They are spendy these days. What sending unit did you go with? My old sending unit was rusted completely. Mine was oriented different than what your showing. Not sure if it makes a difference.
Tank and sending unit came from Cool Cruisers of Texas. Sending unit bolt pattern only lines up one way, so I'm hoping it is correct. Haven't put any fuel in it yet to see if it reads anything.

Maybe it’s my eyes but it appears you riveted some metal down then welded the seat mount to it. No chance rivets will hold if Your involved in an accident.
Correct, but that is the least of my worries in an accident considering the condition of the rest of the vehicle. Also it is just temporary until I can get a tub in better condition or spring for an aluminum tub.

Tank and sending unit came from Cool Cruisers of Texas. Sending unit bolt pattern only lines up one way, so I'm hoping it is correct. Haven't put any fuel in it yet to see if it reads anything.
Was it the replica tank or oem Toyota from ccot?I just ordered the aftermarket sending unit from them it was only $40 so I figured I’d give it a try.

Set 1

40C0BAFF-A832-48D5-9B4E-76B1ABE2249E.jpeg

5D3EE98A-376E-494A-BBEB-27749CC17355.jpeg

746F0F48-3749-442C-80A9-34F34425CCD8.jpeg

C303A8A3-A66A-4D61-AB5E-E45853B81FC2.jpeg

Looking forward to your “winter project”. 🍻

Thanks again for the opportunity to purchase the entire tub and extra components. It will be a huge help in getting mine back on the road.

I got the tub home and stored in a conex container for the time being. I had a killer deal on a house fall in my lap so that is currently taking all my time and money. Once I get the house 'good enough' I'll hopefully start back up on this project sometime this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom