Events/Trails Cruise Moab, Who is going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't want to spill the beans too early, but I also don't want people buying equipment they don't need. Just in from the CM committee - if you are not on the Swell or Kokopelli overnight runs, you will not need a CB! More (official) info to come soon, but I think this is great news for many people who only use a CB for CM.

Im currently signed up for

Thursday: Golden Spike
Friday: Cliff Hanger
Saturday: Kane Creek Canyon

I've never ran those trails before. Is that asking too much of the 200?

Those will be a challenging-yet-still-fun for a skilled driver in a built 200... especially if you don't mind some scraping and some pinstriping. Be prepared for water crossings on Kane Creek.

Edited to add that I have no experience on Cliff Hanger but I see Jackson provided some more feedback below.

Last edited:
Those will be a challenging-yet-still-fun for a skilled driver in a built 200... especially if you don't mind some scraping and some pinstriping. Be prepared for water crossings on Kane Creek.
Well my 200 is definitely built, and she's full of scrapes and pinstripes. The skilled driver thing is probably the only questionable part. Im east coast so I have experience with east coast type trails(Windrock, North Ga, Carolinas). I did run Poison Spider and Top of the World last summer alone without spotters and that was interesting. I wanted to try something different this year. I would just hate to slow group down.

Having never finished Kane Creek, I cant comment on that one. The spike is doable, it will require some careful spotting and you'll definitely be banging sliders and rear bumper. Just remember that it's a long arduous day and keeping your truck in 1 piece is paramount as there are no quick ways out (Read "Mechanical Sympathy" and pull line early). Cliff hanger will be very interesting in a 200, the only body damage potentials I see are ascending the actual cliffhanger obstacle and ascending the big rock garden. The rest of it will just be a breakover and weight challenge. There are some very tippy sections, if you can ditch the RTT, it would probably be best. It's been about 1.5 years since I've ran cliffhanger, my guess is that its gotten worse, not better. It is pretty much everything a F+R locked 80 on 33's can muster. I'm excited to hear how it goes, cheers!

edit: also, if you're use to slick rocks clay and Tellico style wheeling, Moab is the opposite. It's all about as little wheel spin as possible.
edit 2: be sure to carry a spare CV and the necessary tools to replace.

Last edited:
Having never finished Kane Creek, I cant comment on that one. The spike is doable, it will require some careful spotting and you'll definitely be banging sliders and rear bumper. Just remember that it's a long arduous day and keeping your truck in 1 piece is paramount as there are no quick ways out (Read "Mechanical Sympathy" and pull line early). Cliff hanger will be very interesting in a 200, the only body damage potentials I see are ascending the actual cliffhanger obstacle and ascending the big rock garden. The rest of it will just be a breakover and weight challenge. There are some very tippy sections, if you can ditch the RTT, it would probably be best. It's been about 1.5 years since I've ran cliffhanger, my guess is that its gotten worse, not better. It is pretty much everything a F+R locked 80 on 33's can muster. I'm excited to hear how it goes, cheers!

edit: also, if you're use to slick rocks clay and Tellico style wheeling, Moab is the opposite. It's all about as little wheel spin as possible.
LOL. My sliders, bumpers, and skids are beat to heck and back but if I need to carry a spare CV I may need to rethink trail selection.😬

LOL. My sliders, bumpers, and skids are beat to heck and back but if I need to carry a spare CV I may need to rethink trail selection.😬

@TexAZ can tell you all about 200 CV replacement on golden spike, amd the crazy wayhhe and his wife had to get out and back in with parts... But his broken CVswere not OeM, which may explain tje weakness.

The 200 will be fine on Golden Spike. As use2bn83 said its a long day. You run a portion of Poison Spyder, then the crack and come out on Gold Bar Rim. Its like run 3 trails in one day

I ran cliff hanger in my locked 80 on 35's. You likely could would be ok, but I dont want to do tip over challenge in my 200 even without an RTT

Kane Creek is a fun trail. I did break a birf coming up the waterfall at the end due to using my front locker. Spent hours doing a trail fix to get it off the trail, But that was 10 years ago and I dont know how it is currently. Feel free to post up in the rising sun forum as you will get some fresh perspectives on that

The 200 will be fine on Golden Spike. As use2bn83 said its a long day. You run a portion of Poison Spyder, then the crack and come out on Gold Bar Rim. Its like run 3 trails in one day

I ran cliff hanger in my locked 80 on 35's. You likely could would be ok, but I dont want to do tip over challenge in my 200 even without an RTT

Kane Creek is a fun trail. I did break a birf coming up the waterfall at the end due to using my front locker. Spent hours doing a trail fix to get it off the trail, But that was 10 years ago and I dont know how it is currently. Feel free to post up in the rising sun forum as you will get some fresh perspectives on that

Thanks guys. I don't mind a super long trail day as long as it keeps me busy. Trails like Alpine Loop and White Rim Road put me to sleep.

I think Ill keep Golden Spike and Kane Creek for now. I changed from Cliff Hanger to Wipeout Hill on Friday. That sounds like fun.

Thanks guys. I don't mind a super long trail day as long as it keeps me busy. Trails like Alpine Loop and White Rim Road put me to sleep.

I think Ill keep Golden Spike and Kane Creek for now. I changed from Cliff Hanger to Wipeout Hill on Friday. That sounds like fun.

I’ve not done golden spike but @Romer has done most of moab maaany times...so listen to the romer. :steer: I do know at least 8 other 200 guys who have done it & I think texaz’s thing was sort of a non-oem fluke.

Wipeout hill on Friday will be awesome as it is being lead by Tim Nakari who is Gamiviti. He is a cool guy and a great friend. Great poser shot on wipeout. Just make sure no one is sitting in your shot :)

DSC01489.JPG

Wipeout hill on Friday will be awesome as it is being lead by Tim Nakari who is Gamiviti. He is a cool guy and a great friend. Great poser shot on wipeout. Just make sure no one is sitting in your shot :)

View attachment 2631164

Doing Wipeout on Friday... :)

View attachment 2631164

Boyd is always in the shot!

Well kids, I'm starting to get that nervous excitement that bubbles up before an exciting new adventure. Just drove back to Phoenix from Denver (with my buddy in his new 2013 LX) via Fairplay, Durango, 4Corners/Flagstaff and saw quite a few folks heading home from Easter Jeep Safari. Also saw a lot of nicely built 200 series in SW Colorado. Really got me fired up for CM.

Spent some time this evening talking with my dad who was suppose to come with me last year. Unfortunately its not really safe for him to travel this year so I'm rolling solo. With any luck he will make the trip with me in 2022. Because of that I want to save one of my two bucket list trails for when he is with me so I switched my Friday run from Hell's Revenge to Wipeout Hill. Dad and I can tackle Hell's next year. Looking forward to Wipeout Hill as it appears to be a bunch of good guys and a at least a few 200s in the mix. When I saw @mcgaskins and @Markuson on the list, it seemed like a good choice to replace Hell's.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing everyone and having some great times.

Well kids, I'm starting to get that nervous excitement that bubbles up before an exciting new adventure. Just drove back to Phoenix from Denver (with my buddy in his new 2013 LX) via Fairplay, Durango, 4Corners/Flagstaff and saw quite a few folks heading home from Easter Jeep Safari. Also saw a lot of nicely built 200 series in SW Colorado. Really got me fired up for CM.

Spent some time this evening talking with my dad who was suppose to come with me last year. Unfortunately its not really safe for him to travel this year so I'm rolling solo. With any luck he will make the trip with me in 2022. Because of that I want to save one of my two bucket list trails for when he is with me so I switched my Friday run from Hell's Revenge to Wipeout Hill. Dad and I can tackle Hell's next year. Looking forward to Wipeout Hill as it appears to be a bunch of good guys and a at least a few 200s in the mix. When I saw @mcgaskins and @Markuson on the list, it seemed like a good choice to replace Hell's.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing everyone and having some great times.

Nice!
I am so looking forward to doing “normal” things in a week...

Nice!
I am so looking forward to doing “normal” things in a week...

Moab is alive and well! I just got back last night from a quick trip down there for the Ultra 4 races and Jeep Safari, weather was great, businesses were all alive and well and the trails were ready for Land Cruisers. :D

Moab is alive and well! I just got back last night from a quick trip down there for the Ultra 4 races and Jeep Safari, weather was great, businesses were all alive and well and the trails were ready for Land Cruisers. :D

Thanks for the eyes-on update!
So glad life is going live again...

Wow, I feel silly. I just caught up on this thread and the five posts before mine were about Wipeout Hill. Now I'm really excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom