Events/Trails Cruise Moab, Who is going? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thurs: Hell's Revenge
Friday: Poison Spider
Saturday: Fins and Things

@Markuson the San Rafael Swell sounds like it should be outstanding.

Thurs: Hell's Revenge
Friday: Poison Spider
Saturday: Fins and Things

@Markuson the San Rafael Swell sounds like it should be outstanding.

Nice! You’re hitting three of the best right there. Great intro to Moab for sure. :steer: See you in a fee weeks!

Almost forgot to do trail selection.

Tues - Thur: San Rafael Swell Double Overnight
Friday: Hells Revenge
Saturday: Top of the World

Hopefully an extra 10 gallons in Jerry’s will be enough for the double overnight, and stock bumpers won’t be a problem for Hells or Top of the World.

Last edited:
So who's camping? We usually have a big crew and rent a house, but this time it's just me and a couple buddies so we're planning to camp.
I will be camping in the arena. I will also be on the Hell's Revenge you are leading.

So who's camping? We usually have a big crew and rent a house, but this time it's just me and a couple buddies so we're planning to camp.

I’ll be camping at the Arena as well, but doing the San Rafael Swell Double Overnight, so I won’t be hitting the Arena until Thursday. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a spot.

I’m blasting out this Friday to prerun behind the rocks and poison spider.l if anyone is out there.
I think the Easter Jeep Fest starts this weekend.

I think the Easter Jeep Fest starts this weekend.

Easter Jeep Safari does kit off this weekend but the bulk of the activity is next week/weekend fwiw. It will be busy this weekend but crazy busy next week.

I'll be there too

Friday: Wipeout Hill
Saturday: Jax Trax

and I'll be camping at the arena. I gotta admit I'm a little concerned about my fuel range on the Swell run. I only have a 4 gal Rotopax. I guess if it gets too bad, I can make a run to Green River.

Last edited:
I'll be there too

Friday: Wipeout Hill
Saturday: Jax Trax

and I'll be camping at the arena. I gotta admit I'm a little concerned about my fuel range on the Swell run. I only have a 4 gal Rotopax. I guess if it gets to bad, I can make a run to Green River.

I’m concerned as well, so I’ll have two 5 gallon Jerry cans on the roof. Happy to share if needed. If we both run out, hopefully we can scrape enough nickels together and to buy us a visit to the @Markuson filling station.

I’m concerned as well, so I’ll have two 5 gallon Jerry cans on the roof. Happy to share if needed. If we both run out, hopefully we can scrape enough nickels together and to buy us a visit to the @Markuson filling station.

Ha.., :) except I still havent gotten around to doing the tweak to my tank to divert fuel to a trail buddy.... 😱

Sounds like we’ll have a good number of 200’s on San Rafael. :steer:

Ha.., :) except I still havent gotten around to doing the tweak to my tank to divert fuel to a trail buddy.... 😱

Sounds like we’ll have a good number of 200’s on San Rafael. :steer:
I'll bring a hose:)

This thread must have pictures....soon.

IMG_2526.jpeg

Too META? Sorry, I couldn't resist. I suspect the photos will start rolling in when people start making their way to Moab in a couple weeks.

OK...
Here’s a flashback to CM 2018...

This would be @Romer heading up and over an obstacle on Steel Bender...
3D226428-2B6F-4C49-84A0-3375728AC1A2.jpeg
C13AFC6E-0281-4C94-AA31-B8140F36CFDD.jpeg
A5BAAB6B-CE57-40BB-BA58-9CC6AA83B1A7.jpeg

And... Romer’s fearless daughter hitting the same...
5AFD1AB1-53A2-4F4C-875D-2EDC15AD697A.jpeg

And that’s @TonyP... in the blue shirt and bermudas... One of the best spotters/rock-stackers, makin it work. My fat beast got up this with a few rocks thrown in by Tony. :cheers:

A few more... also 2018...

Near the end of Steel Bender, you get two lovely options to get down one spot:
-To the right...
4099F029-3A5E-4AC1-81E3-E4609BE2E248.jpeg

-Or to the left...
95211BB8-5211-4E66-842A-451C98E1DDDF.jpeg

What you can’t see is that both my driver side tires were hanging right here, and you’re tryi g not to roll right, to end up where that green beauty is above. :hillbilly:

I was told that this exit was worse than in other years, so maybe its easier now. Never know.

The thitd option was turn back a ways and exit a little differently.

@Romer and I took the same option down...a few with short fronts (to avoid smashibg front bumpers, etc) took the green truck route (with rear tow rope on a couple to avoid forward tipping), and quite a few took option 3. -Probably a smart move. :)

The nice thing about many of these obstacles is you have options, and often a bypass. So don’t worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom