Cross country expedition part deux or whatever (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

myquestoyota

SILVER Star
Threads
I was involved in the first cross country expedition and it was cool. I'm thinking about involving the Seattle cruiserheads and the North Sound Cruisers and doing another one starting maybe in Forks,WA (the tip of the lower 48) and seeing if we can get the prize to Key West. Who's interested?

I was involved in the first cross country expedition and it was cool. I'm thinking about involving the Seattle cruiserheads and the North Sound Cruisers and doing another one starting maybe in Forks,WA (the tip of the lower 48) and seeing if we can get the prize to Key West. Who's interested?
May as well just start at the end of Cape Flattery Rd outside of Neah Bay for an actual tip to tip!!! This would be cool, I'm way out of the path to be of any assistance though.

Sounds like a plan. Are you going to try to get one of the original "Batons" to use?

If a leg is nearby when I’m not working, I’m in.
Nearby basically meaning WA…

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan. Are you going to try to get one of the original "Batons" to use?
No, I'm thinking we need to start fresh. I will find an appropriate vessel.

If it runs near Little Rock, AR I am available with my '77 FJ40

I'd be up for a leg of it. Sounds fun. I'm in Ontario, OR.

What was "the first cross country expedition" all about?

Updated information
I found an interesting baton in a thrift store today but am on the lookout for another. I am hoping to send one south and one east with the hopes of seeing them both make it to key west. Heck, I'd love to fly down for that event. I loved the last one with pictures of the golden state bridge and the desert and hoping to recreate some of the camaderie of that adventure. We met up in chehalis and drove up as a cruiser caravan to meet up with some others that carried it on. I'm investigating having stickers made and will keep in touch.
20220506_160553.jpg

Well we have a sticker design and a "baton" box to hold and accept stickers and memorabilia from the trip. I hope to sell stickers for $2 each and mail them to willing participants that will help us establish a route from Washington state to key west. Looking for suggestions. Hopefully we have enough 40s for the relay but all cruisers are welcome.

I am planning on being in Forks on July 23rd and heading to the Seattle/Everett area and hoping to pass the baton to some cruiser folks in that area to take it somewhere south or east. If it goes south I will be driving home to chehalis. Last time some guys from Portland drove up, maybe they want another sticker and some time behind the wheel.

That weekend is one of my rare weekends off….

If it came to seattle/everett area, I think I could take it (or convoy with whoever takes it) over Hwy 2 or 20 east of the mountains. Head through either Wenatchee or winthrop then get it further east wherever it needs to go? The wife says we could probably dump our kids at the in laws and make a weekend trip of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom