Other than LC Projects Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New Covid project
A3E20E54-1886-4DC4-9AB6-AE84A3D0C6B7.jpeg
449ECF7E-A4EB-4105-B948-F94A4F6CC9E9.jpeg

More progress
Cleared the wooden form
Cleared the dirt on the right side and leveled it out.
put down some grass.
not perfect but a whole lot better than it was before.
still have to clear the left side.

CD2B0D02-9C12-4DC9-8784-6B1A5D8771B1.jpeg

Based on the lines I saw at Lowe's/Home Depot, I knew a lot of projects were going on... Good work here!! After promising for almost 6 years, I finally knocked out the kitchen backsplash. Finally got my undercabinet lights in from Amazon and installed; no pic though...

tilebs.jpg

Those who guessed air compressor were correct. Need a check valve and she's up and running. 5hp three phase, 18cfm @ 90psi, 60 gal tank, with Aftercooler and auto water catch/drain before the tank. Pieced this all together from auction wins thanks to @AJR and lots of research.

Had to bring the pieces out separately because it's too damn heavy to move as one, lol.

IMG_20200509_190557.jpg

IMG_20200510_194542.jpg

Those who guessed air compressor were correct. Need a check valve and she's up and running. 5hp three phase, 18cfm @ 90psi, 60 gal tank, with Aftercooler and auto water catch/drain before the tank. Pieced this all together from auction wins thanks to @AJR and lots of research.

Had to bring the pieces out separately because it's too damn heavy to move as one, lol.

View attachment 2303091

View attachment 2303094

Nice! Soon to be covered?

View attachment 2303091

View attachment 2303094

Soooo. Trying to outshine my beautiful red air tank. Nice try.
and nice looking air compressor. LOL!

Nice! Soon to be covered?

The motor is a wash down unit (nema 4) and all connections are liquid tight fittings (nema 4 I believe). Pressure switch is nema 1, so yes it needs to be covered.

you gotta build thread on that shed?? i need something similar in my backyard...

Nah, but I can answer questions if you've got them. Learned a bunch, built it from Xmas break through Feb. Still have trim left to do, but it's doing its job.

Nah, but I can answer questions if you've got them. Learned a bunch, built it from Xmas break through Feb. Still have trim left to do, but it's doing its job.

Building a Shed ....

Question for the group:

I'm wiring in some rear LED's on a switch. Of the wire routing options, I'm thinking tapping into the top boot and taking it through the drivers door panels all the way forward. I'd need to slice a little hole int he boot, and then likely splooge a little silicone around the wire to make sure it's sealed through the boot so I don't get any water penetration. Anyone have any better ideas, or see a fatal flaw in my plans?

20200515_203000.jpg

20200515_203016.jpg

Question for the group:

I'm wiring in some rear LED's on a switch. Of the wire routing options, I'm thinking tapping into the top boot and taking it through the drivers door panels all the way forward. I'd need to slice a little hole int he boot, and then likely splooge a little silicone around the wire to make sure it's sealed through the boot so I don't get any water penetration. Anyone have any better ideas, or see a fatal flaw in my plans?

View attachment 2307631

View attachment 2307632

Should be fine to poke a hole and seal it up. Did it on my 60 a number of years ago and haven't noticed any ill effects.

Another day of body work, and more rot found. Ps rear door, 1/4" of bondo with a bunch of rot behind. Lovely. One of the POs must have liked their bondo :lol:

Got a start today, will finish another day. Putting my new hammer and dolly set to work.

IMG_20200517_115247.jpg

IMG_20200517_130501.jpg

IMG_20200517_171746.jpg

Edit: hot damn does the new compressor work well! My air tools seem to have much more a$$ now, it's amazing.

yeah it wasn't planned to be a tiki thing, the Wayfair mis-shipment of 26 feet of the wrong size bamboo fencing sorta forced my hand.

Top tip: If you want lots of free stuff place a big order with Wayfair. I got that table replaced for free since it's broken - a quick hula skirt around it and it's a serving table. ;)

I have had several projects to keep me busy over the past few weeks and this project has received the most attention so far. My boys have named her Tin Cup, but we shall see if that sticks. Not sure what my plans are, but with having so much time on my hands right now I am finding that my OCD side is kicking in and I am restoring every part I take off. Here are a few of the things I have done in the past 2-3 weeks.

Installed "New" leather seats. They are second row 2016 Chrysler T&C second row seats installed with fabed seat brackets. Its a somewhat common swap, but unfortunately they sit to high for my tall ass. I do love the seats, but if I keep this Sammy I will need to find another solution. Its just a shame because I love these seats.

Replaced the door panels and hardware:

I removed the combination switch from the steering column and rebuilt it to fix a turn signal issue I was having. Then added a new steering column cover and new steering wheel. I am sure its just me, but there is something about a wood steering wheel in an old rig. This is not a normal combo for this, but I dig it.

I have also replaced all the brakes and rotors. Changed all the fluids to Amsoil. Replaced the timing belt, water pump, and oil pump. Replaced all the hoses and metal cooling pipes. I have a few other things to finish up on before I get into the fun part which is replacing sheet metal. I am always looking for an excuse to weld.

In the next two weeks I will be tackling my LX todo list. Which includes a new starter, T-Belt, water pump, valve cover gaskets, and replacing every vacuum hose. Oh the things we do to keep ourselves busy......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom