Converting a hot tub from Bromine to something else (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Hola folks,

I'm curious if anyone has converted their hot tub from Bromine to either Salt or Ozone systems. My GF is sensitive to the Bromine/Chlorine so I want to switch over to either of those two systems or if there's a third option, I'd like to hear it. I wanted some real life feedback from people who have done this with the usual pros/cons.

Thanks.

When I was considering swapping to salt, I asked the spa tech i was talking to in regards to some other repairs. He basically said what I thought, salt causes mass corrosion and build up.
I have nothing to offer on ozone.
Im in city water, which has chlorine. I might add a tablespoon once a month or every other month.
I don't run content checks but i assume im running super low ch numbers.
Another option for you may be to just up your drain/refill frequency.

When I was considering swapping to salt, I asked the spa tech i was talking to in regards to some other repairs. He basically said what I thought, salt causes mass corrosion and build up.
I have nothing to offer on ozone.
Im in city water, which has chlorine. I might add a tablespoon once a month or every other month.
I don't run content checks but i assume im running super low ch numbers.
Another option for you may be to just up your drain/refill frequency.

Thanks for the info and so far this is the first I've heard of "corrosion" buildup. Considering that the only metal item in my hot tub is the heating element, I don't know where else corrosion buildup would occur. Given the salt PPM is rather low, I wouldn't think any type of buildup would occur but let me keep reading up on Salt systems.

I'm on a well so periodic draining/refilling is out of the question :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom