Considering parting my 76' 55 - Whats needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
I truly wish it were a bit cleaner... but its sooooo rusty. The roof is beyone repair, the floorboards are swiss cheese... its sadly a goner.

I picked it up as a parts vehicle, knowing it was rusty... but in the back of my mind I really wished it was "OK" enough to clean up a bit and RALLY!!!

Heres my other 76' FJ55 (a budget build rig we called Big Bear :cool:)
attachment.php

Anyways... I can get rid of the drivetrain easily enough locally (running 2F, 4spd, db front, rear springs, etc)... but are there any items of value to you pig fixers? Remember every body part is SHOT, but all the glass is intact (w/s has a rock chip), all the interior is complete, though well aged. If there is anything you might think you need... reply and I will snap a picture of it. :D

Windshield?

X2 on glove box if TJ doesn't want it?

A window crank?

Air pump? (Mine crapped out and I cant come to a decision on wither or not I want to desmog)

*edit*

The upper portion on front seat belts?

I too could use a grab handle?

**double edit**

Does the windshield washer pump work? If so I need it and the nozzle on the hood.

Last edited:
parts for the pig

I'm in need of the lcok pin and cable for the rear bench seat latch. It locks the seat portion of the bench to the floor. I have the bracket that is bolted to the floor as but thats it. I'm just about to get this pig on the road and my kids will be sorely dissapointed if I can't take them for a ride if some pin thingy is missing.
Beyond that I need one more overhead grab bar and the two sunvisors. If the dashboard is in decent condition I could use it. I have a bad po neoprene tape job there now.

Thanks - Mark

I'll get some pics of it soon (off to Moab right now ;)). In the meantime I'll really do some soul searching on wether or not I part it :D

good hood?

I know you say the body is toast, but how is the hood? Is the hood the later style that belongs on a '76 era fj55? Have you ever shipped a hood?

thanks,

I know you say the body is toast, but how is the hood? Is the hood the later style that belongs on a '76 era fj55? Have you ever shipped a hood?

thanks,

I'll have to check out the hood up close.... and I've shipped quite a few hoods/doors/etc... I'll let you know early next week :D
76_FJ55 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
I need a rear view mirror

Need the chrome/stainless roof gutter trim; all of it.......shipping to zip 35406

Lou

I'm in for the tailgate handle if it still works.

second in line for the hood.

Windshield?

X2 on glove box if TJ doesn't want it?

A window crank?

Air pump? (Mine crapped out and I cant come to a decision on wither or not I want to desmog)

*edit*

The upper portion on front seat belts?

I too could use a grab handle?

Nick, I have some air pumps, but they are for '78...

Is yours rebuildable?

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/smogpump.php

Complete drivers front door and fender signals??

Drivers door if not spoken for and in ok shape, side view mirrors, rear licence plate lights.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom