FREE Complete Front Axle FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a complete front axle out of my 1966 FJ40. It's all there and everything is moving freely. Should be usable as is but will need brakes. It would be good for parts too or a restoration or a SOA conversion. I'm located in Washington State. Come and get it, no shipping, local pick up only. Basically it's free but I'll need a case of Beer or something interesting.

I have a complete front axle out of my 1966 FJ40. It's all there and everything is moving freely. Should be usable as is but will need brakes. It would be good for parts too or a restoration or a SOA conversion. I'm located in Washington State. Come and get it, no shipping, local pick up only. Basically it's free but I'll need a case of Beer or something interesting.

:beer:

How far are you from Gig Harbor? @Landpimp

Well, the seed has been planted.

Make sure you put some fertilizer on that seed, haha! Let me know what you decide and if you want it, we can setup a day/time to meet up.

Just an update, I'll probably be scrapping this axle and keeping the gears in the next week or so if no one wants to come and get it.

Well, since Mr. Gig Harbor isn’t interested,

And since you’re going to be gutting the axle for the 3rd member (a good idea IMO) I would be happy to pay shipping for the locking hubs and the knuckle balls. I actually wear them out!

I hear you there.

thanks for thinking of me......but I just unearthed(bamboo had over grown) a ball and claw axle that came off my 45 15+ years ago. just gonna pull the balls and hub and toss it. My 45LV however does still run a ball and claw......but at this point in my life I am not collecting anymore old axles ;) Its time for me to toss and let go of stuff.....which may even included a few Cruisers

Well, since Mr. Gig Harbor isn’t interested,

And since you’re going to be gutting the axle for the 3rd member (a good idea IMO) I would be happy to pay shipping for the locking hubs and the knuckle balls. I actually wear them out!

thanks for thinking of me......but I just unearthed(bamboo had over grown) a ball and claw axle that came off my 45 15+ years ago. just gonna pull the balls and hub and toss it. My 45LV however does still run a ball and claw......but at this point in my life I am not collecting anymore old axles ;) Its time for me to toss and let go of stuff.....which may even included a few Cruisers
I started with that recently after finishing my '86 FJ60 build. For the 60-Series I've already parted with two frames, one set of axles, one and a half sets of springs, two body shells, two fuel tanks, etc. I'm focusing on keeping good spare electrical, mechanical, and emissions parts for my FJ60s, plus the FJ60 parts I'm keeping to upgrade my FJ40s. On the good side, my wife has already noticed the increase in clear floor space in the basement :). I'm still on the fence about selling my '84 FJ60 which we bought new - it has body rust issues but runs well at 182,000 miles.

Having seen your yard, I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom