Complete exhaust system option, Headers to tailpipe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This might be a dumb question, but is the exhaust identical on RHD 100s?
My thoughts as well-
I received part of the system but have not installed. The collectors came packaged separately. The box with the y, muffler a tpipe was damaged and missing the gaskets, hardware and cats. Those items are on the way after a couple emails with customer service.
There was no VAt but there was duty which was about $30.
So far quality looks good. Customer service was good as long as time difference is taken into account.
I can post athread when installing. I have everything but manifold hardware (o2s mounts) waiting to see what their hardware kit includes. I might reuse since my vehicle is rust free.
I looked into this system last fall- shipping cost killed my enthusiasm and never pulled the trigger. Glad to see someone has ponied up and gonna try it. 👍👍 My other concern was fitment- since these headers are designed for RHD trucks- wondered if with the left bank header will interfere with LHD steering components? Post up your install when finished.

I received part of the system but have not installed. The collectors came packaged separately. The box with the y, muffler a tpipe was damaged and missing the gaskets, hardware and cats. Those items are on the way after a couple emails with customer service.
There was no VAt but there was duty which was about $30.
So far quality looks good. Customer service was good as long as time difference is taken into account.
I can post athread when installing. I have everything but manifold hardware (o2s mounts) waiting to see what their hardware kit includes. I might reuse since my vehicle is rust free.

Here's what the hardware kit looked like that I received with the full Rhino exhaust. It appears to be all of the gaskets and hardware to connect the exhaust system besides what's needed to connect the headers to the engine. I'm planning to order all new studs and nuts before I do the install.

Just FYI, my cats and manifold gaskets were actually packed with the headers and not in the larger box. It was hard to believe they could even fit in that tiny package, but there they were.

PXL_20211011_192140512.jpg

@yngmrostrvile did you end up ordering the headers and exhaust system from Aus? If so, do they use stainless for the headers and exhaust?
Their driver's side looks SO different than the DT with that one primary looping up over the others, that's GOT to be for some kind of clearance....

@yngmrostrvile did you end up ordering the headers and exhaust system from Aus? If so, do they use stainless for the headers and exhaust?
Their driver's side looks SO different than the DT with that one primary looping up over the others, that's GOT to be for some kind of clearance....
DT headers are short tube and the Rhino’s are long tube- different animals completely.
Here's what the hardware kit looked like that I received with the full Rhino exhaust. It appears to be all of the gaskets and hardware to connect the exhaust system besides what's needed to connect the headers to the engine. I'm planning to order all new studs and nuts before I do the install.

Just FYI, my cats and manifold gaskets were actually packed with the headers and not in the larger box. It was hard to believe they could even fit in that tiny package, but there they were.

View attachment 2810568

Fwiw-no first hand experience but Ive read many suggestions on using only OEM manifold gaskets-

@xplore did you ever get the rhino system installed? Was curious how it got on LHD vehicle. I'm about to order a Bullet supercharger and was going to get their exhaust system but they said theirs only fits RHD. So curious what you ran into with the Rhino.

@xplore did you ever get the rhino system installed? Was curious how it got on LHD vehicle. I'm about to order a Bullet supercharger and was going to get their exhaust system but they said theirs only fits RHD. So curious what you ran into with the Rhino.
The lh manifold did not fit. It interfered with intermediate steering shaft. I instructed them of this and they reworked the lh manifold and sent it to me. I have not had a chance to test fit it. Once I do, they will make the changes and put the new one into production for LHD vehicles.

The design of the DT with exaggerated tube routing is so the tube clears the upper control arm perch and provides space for the intermediate steering shaft.

Thanks for the reply. Saves me from wasting my $$$. I was fortunate enough to grab the DT's from summit racing. Looks like it was their last one in stock.

Australian Pacemaker or Redback headers DO NOT fit US 100 series. They interfere with the steering shaft, no way around it that I can find. Just FYI. I spent my $$$ and found out. Have Doug Thorley headers now.

Are the US engines that much different that it wouldn't fit?

Best combo I found is Doug Thorley shorties matted with a 3" exhaust from Bullet Australia. He had to custom the exhaust to fit the shorties as they sell long headers, but only for right hand drive. I went with the 3" exhaust since I added a supercharger to ensure best possible flow.

FYI, I hope you ordered the correct headers for the 06-07 trucks as they are different than the 98-05 trucks. The THY-561-SS-C part number is for the earlier trucks.

Congrats on the parts on order though. I'm sure you'll love them
I’ve been looking into Doug Thorley headers for my 2005 LX470. Currently has OEM headers to Borla cat back system. Doug Thorley website shows headers for up ‘04 LX….nothing for ‘05. Anyone running the the ones on DT website on an ‘05? I wasn’t aware of any differences between ‘04 and ‘05 LX models aside from no more trans dipstick.

I’ve been looking into Doug Thorley headers for my 2005 LX470. Currently has OEM headers to Borla cat back system. Doug Thorley website shows headers for up ‘04 LX….nothing for ‘05. Anyone running the the ones on DT website on an ‘05? I wasn’t aware of any differences between ‘04 and ‘05 LX models aside from no more trans dipstick.
The only differences in DT headers are non-vvti (98-05) and vvti (06-07). Any non-vvti header will fit your 05.

I didn't understand this either when I ordered for my 05 LC. The only thing I can imagine is that it was the date of manufacture not the model year. I kind of think they may have just messed up. All that matters is that it's a non-vvti without the air injection etc. I ordered an 04 and felt good about it, as it was manufactured in 04.

I didn't understand this either when I ordered for my 05 LC. The only thing I can imagine is that it was the date of manufacture not the model year. I kind of think they may have just messed up. All that matters is that it's a non-vvti without the air injection etc. I ordered an 04 and felt good about it, as it was manufactured in 04.
Glad to hear they worked on your ‘05. I figure they’d work on mine, also. Mine was mfd. 11/2004 and is non-VVTI. How do you like the DT headers? Much louder than stock?

Glad to hear they worked on your ‘05. I figure they’d work on mine, also. Mine was mfd. 11/2004 and is non-VVTI. How do you like the DT headers? Much louder than stock?
Yes, much louder, especially with a cat delete. The power band really shifted to higher rpm too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom