Complete exhaust system option, Headers to tailpipe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have DT headers and Boral Cat back on order. ive been searching for someone with this combo on an 06. Headers won’t arrive until end of April so I may install the Boral then the headers once they arrive.
FYI, I hope you ordered the correct headers for the 06-07 trucks as they are different than the 98-05 trucks. The THY-561-SS-C part number is for the earlier trucks.

Congrats on the parts on order though. I'm sure you'll love them

FYI, I hope you ordered the correct headers for the 06-07 trucks as they are different than the 98-05 trucks. The THY-561-SS-C part number is for the earlier trucks.

True that. 561 is for non SAI.

562 is for 06 and 07 (and some 05 depending manufacturing date)

I'm just looking into all this now. My original exhaust is about to fall off and the last trip nearly ended it for good. I was originally just going to do the Catback portion. Is it worth it to go ahead and do the headers as well? And at that point do I just replace the cats too? How much of this is a "while you're in there" deal? How slippery is this slope? (Also, I'm not super excited about 2 grand worth of exhaust just for the fun of it.)

Thanks!

Edit: I'm not gonna touch the catalytic converters 'til they fail. Too expensive! Yikes!
Edit again: I found answers to all my questions! Doesn't look like the DT headers are gonna be easy to get and emissions issues in CA add a wrinkle. Cat back is all I will tackle at the moment. Cheers!

Last edited:

Thanks! I’ll double check.

Thanks! I’ll double check.
looks like it’s the correct part?

FB5022ED-8A17-4E87-AC55-F0B1A8AD346B.png

looks like it’s the correct part?

View attachment 2635024
Yup, that’s correct. Just FYI, if you haven’t seen the other threads, Doug Thorley takes orders for these but doesn’t do a production run until they hit a certain number of orders. Some folks have had orders in for months waiting. I proposed in another thread that someone reach out to ask about a group buy to see if they can recruit enough orders to get them to do another run. Just an idea.

we just did this for the earlier trucks and I placed my order through the group buy. We hit 30 orders.

Last edited:
I just got a notice from dougthorley.com that they're officially out of business. Their website says that same thing. But the dougthorleyheaders.com site is still up. Does anyone know if these are 2 different companies?

I just got a notice from Doug Thorley that they're officially out of business. Their website says that same thing.

I am on their website now, and do not see that notice?

I am on their website now, and do not see that notice?
It's this site: http://www.dougthorley.com/. I had an order for headers THY-562-SS-C pending for the last few months, then just got a notice today from customerservice@dougthorley.com telling me my order is cancelled and they're permanently out of business. Maybe those 2 aren't affiliated? Now I'm wondering where my order actually went if not to the real DT. Weird.

It's this site: http://www.dougthorley.com/. I had an order for headers THY-562-SS-C pending for the last few months, then just got a notice today from customerservice@dougthorley.com telling me my order is cancelled and they're permanently out of business. Maybe those 2 aren't affiliated? Now I'm wondering where my order actually went if not to the real DT. Weird.

From the Wayback Machine, I see "Presented by BNR Performance"... That would make me suspect that dougthorley.com is a somewhat slimy reseller that jumped on the domain. Maybe related to Bad News Racing? Welcome to Bad News Racing - - https://store.badnewsracing.net/crm.asp?action=contactus

(I'd suspect DougThorleyHeaders.com is the company that you really want to be dealing with...)

1618432877976.png

Last edited:
Ok, an update and good news. I got through to the real Doug Thorley Headers, and they moved my order over to a direct order from them. So I'm back in line for when they do a production run of the THY-562-SS-C headers. The dougthorley.com folks were a reseller with a really confusing name.

I ordered a set of THY-562-SS-C through Summit on 3/1/2021. They were originally set to ship in April, but after repeated delays I finally called Doug Thorley direct last night (5/17/2021).

The woman I spoke with said the material had not been delivered, and was scheduled to arrive in June, with the finished headers expected to be delivered sometime in July.

Not sure I believe them, but thought I'd share.

I ordered a set of THY-562-SS-C through Summit on 3/1/2021. They were originally set to ship in April, but after repeated delays I finally called Doug Thorley direct last night (5/17/2021).

The woman I spoke with said the material had not been delivered, and was scheduled to arrive in June, with the finished headers expected to be delivered sometime in July.

Not sure I believe them, but thought I'd share.

Considering availability of raw materials in general, I am not overly surprised with their delays. As for the their finished product delivery schedule...I am sure they. like so many other manufactures are experiencing severe backlog

I received an update from Doug Thorley today. They said orders will begin shipping within the next week.

I've resisted the DT route, hoping there was a long tube option available. I ordered a set of these pacemaker headers, i may not get to installing them until summer time, but i'll be sure to share how it goes.
How was the shipping quote? I put the whole exhaust kit in my shopping cart, but I didn't want to check all the way out to get the quote sent.

Wouldn't the HP difference from the DT to the PM be negligible? Or the PM are a lot better?
The PM should make more power all throughout the RPM band. As you say whether it's a negligible difference or a big bump is unknown until someone tries it out. Long tube headers are preferred for all engines but due to being...longer...they are harder to package into a car, or scrape the ground on a low riding muscle car or stuff like that. Shorty headers were created to bridge the gap between a factory style exhaust manifold and full length long tube headers.

So who knows. If someone cuts out my catalytic converters I will use insurance money to buy the Aussie kit. They can be installed onto a VVTi engine but the SAI ports would need to be blocked off somehow. My preference would be to remove the heads and rebuild them with cams and big valves and weld up the SAI ports at the same time, or maybe a sealing plate could be welded onto the header flange. Trying to figure out if I can time that with my next timing belt replacement so at least I have an excuse as to why I'm tearing apart my perfectly running engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom