Complete exhaust system option, Headers to tailpipe? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah they definitely are intended for RHD but I had some correspondence with a salesman there at bestmufflers and he was pretty sure it would work on LHD because they are basically identical left to right. The only reason I do not own them myself is because they don't support SAI so it would take some effort to make them work either adapting SAI or welding up the ports on the cylinder heads. Apparently they have 2UZs with VVT in Australia that don't have SAI!
I hate SAI with a passion. My Disco II had them and it was horrible to troubleshoot them.
Group buy was supposed to close today but looks like they’re still allowing sign ups. I’d hurry up and sign up if you’re interested.

my guess is that DT is/was waiting for a certain number of orders before running another batch. It’s not like the 100 series platform is a large demand so doesn’t make sense for them to manufacture a whole batch to hold inventory for only a few committed buyers.
That's true as well... They run 20-30 VS a handful.

OEM cat-back - don't lose sight of the cost per mile engineering argument for OEM parts.

OEM cat-back - don't lose sight of the cost per mile engineering argument for OEM parts.

A few arguments against this: increased clearance, change of sound, requirement for increased flow capacity. Hard to disagree with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" tho

A few arguments against this: increased clearance, change of sound, requirement for increased flow capacity. Hard to disagree with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" tho
Mine needs fixing... LOL I hate the cold ticking sound.

Mine needs fixing... LOL I hate the cold ticking sound.
That ticking sound on startup could be [is most likely] cracked manifolds and ticking until warmed up and the crack closes. Maybe there's an exhaust sound otherwise that sounds similar, but not sure.

That ticking sound on startup could be [is most likely] cracked manifolds and ticking until warmed up and the crack closes. Maybe there's an exhaust sound otherwise that sounds similar, but not sure.
Yes. that's the issue.

Plus the cats are not OEM.

Yes. that's the issue.

Plus the cats are not OEM.
Are you joining that doug thorley group buy happening on the facebook group? Curious and interested in your results if you do.

Are you joining that doug thorley group buy happening on the facebook group? Curious and interested in your results if you do.
I don't do FB.

I ordered mine through Summit Racing. The price difference looks to be the shipping charges that are not included with the Group Buy.

I did receive the Cat-back system already.

I don't know about the catback, but If you saw the OEM headers you might change your mind. The OEM headers on the 100 are the worst piece of Toyota-made metal I've ever seen. Hell, my jeep xj had better headers than that, talk about lack of quality and zero concern for flow. I couldn't believe it when I pulled them off to put the DT headers.

A visual:
I don't know about the catback, but If you saw the OEM headers you might change your mind. The OEM headers on the 100 are the worst piece of Toyota-made metal I've ever seen. Hell, my jeep xj had better headers than that, talk about lack of quality and zero concern for flow. I couldn't believe it when I pulled them off to put the DT headers.
Vusual:

Screenshot_20210331-105732.png

Screenshot_20210331-105744.png

The OEM do look like crap indeed.
And the welds prone to fail under 100k miles too. Plenty of threads on that. I really do like my DT headers, noticed the power gains right after installation, now with all the added weight it's negligible.

My OEM muffler is starting to show rust, soon I'll probably go the DT route on this too.

And the welds prone to fail under 100k miles too. Plenty of threads on that. I really do like my DT headers, noticed the power gains right after installation, now with all the added weight it's negligible.

My OEM muffler is starting to show rust, soon I'll probably go the DT route on this too.
I cannot wait to get mine... Hopefully they'll start production next week.

Why has TRD not been involved with the LC/LX realm? TRD make a really nice system for the Tundra.

I have DT headers and Boral Cat back on order. ive been searching for someone with this combo on an 06. Headers won’t arrive until end of April so I may install the Boral then the headers once they arrive.

Australian long tube headers. Yeah baby. Only work on non-VVT (no SAI) 2UZs but they should be the best available.

They also have a full 3" exhaust with cats of you are baller: Toyota Landcruiser UZJ100 4.7ltr V8 Pacemaker King Brown Exhaust System - https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/index.php?id_product=7934&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=toyota-landcruiser-100-series-45ltr-fzj105-pacemaker-headers-pacemaker-king-brown-performance-exhaust-system-ph12650-tl100kit-&controller=product
I've resisted the DT route, hoping there was a long tube option available. I ordered a set of these pacemaker headers, i may not get to installing them until summer time, but i'll be sure to share how it goes.

I have DT headers and Boral Cat back on order. ive been searching for someone with this combo on an 06. Headers won’t arrive until end of April so I may install the Boral then the headers once they arrive.
I hope that's true... Some people have been waiting since Nov 2020.

Anywho, you should wait and install every thing at once. IMO

I've resisted the DT route, hoping there was a long tube option available. I ordered a set of these pacemaker headers, i may not get to installing them until summer time, but i'll be sure to share how it goes.
Mind me asking... Why long tube?

The cats won't fit and you are looking at a custom installation. Just wondering. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom