Complete exhaust system option, Headers to tailpipe? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been spending some time reading through exhaust threads trying to figure out how best to move forward. I think I'm settled on the DT headers, but from there I have some questions... Is there an available header-back exhaust system? I would like something pretty quiet, so I think the DT catback is out. I would really like to get that Y pipe out of the system too. How have others tackled this?

I think custom will be your best bet. No one offers a single header-tailpipe system that I'm aware of. I just placed my order for DT headers and catback for my truck. Main offering for our trucks are DT and Borla nowadays.

I've read that the Borla is more subdued than the DT but they don't offer headers, only DT does.

I would personally opt for some DT headers and then get a custom system made up at your local reputable shop. Or you could always replace with OEM components. I have read that the cheap OE offerings do not last very long.

I bought the DT headers and DT cat-back with the Magnaflow cats.

Unfortunately the DT headers are back-ordered.

If you have FB, there's a group buy right now and it's cheaper than what I paid for them at Summit Racing. my gaddam luck. :rofl:

You can always add a resonator to the DT cat-back system.

I bought the DT headers and DT cat-back with the Magnaflow cats.

Unfortunately the DT headers are back-ordered.

If you have FB, there's a group buy right now and it's cheaper than what I paid for them at Summit Racing. my gaddam luck. :rofl:
I'm trying to join that group right now!

Australian long tube headers. Yeah baby. Only work on non-VVT (no SAI) 2UZs but they should be the best available.

They also have a full 3" exhaust with cats of you are baller: Toyota Landcruiser UZJ100 4.7ltr V8 Pacemaker King Brown Exhaust System - https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/index.php?id_product=7934&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=toyota-landcruiser-100-series-45ltr-fzj105-pacemaker-headers-pacemaker-king-brown-performance-exhaust-system-ph12650-tl100kit-&controller=product

Do you have a link to the group buy by chance?

This. Last I'd heard, DT was refusing to make any more 100 series kits. I'd be interested in the group buy as well.

I spoke with DT a few days ago... They were very helpful and cooperative.

They have back-orders from last year on the 561 headers. I know people waiting since Nov 2020. They, DT, were waiting for a part to be able to make them. I was told they are starting 561 production on 4/5 and they were going to release orders as they came in.

The Group Buy prices are PLUS shipping... I don't know if shipping is cheaper than the price difference from Summit Racing. Just a thought.

s*** that's more than I paid for the headers outside of a group buy...
how much did you paid? Just wondering.

I know prices on EVERYTHING has gone up like crazy. Thanks to POS COVID.

FWIW, I paid $677 from Auto Accessories Garage for a set of DT headers on my last 100. I don't recall if that included shipping.

FWIW, I paid $677 from Auto Accessories Garage for a set of DT headers on my last 100. I don't recall if that included shipping.
Gotcha. It looks like they offer free shipping. thanks for sharing.

I paid $679.99 plus taxes.

The Aussie headers are $550 USD + shipping. Come on someone needs to try them!
Someone in here mentioned they were for RHD... I have not idea if that's relevant. But you would think it is... Dunno.

Australian long tube headers. Yeah baby. Only work on non-VVT (no SAI) 2UZs but they should be the best available.

They also have a full 3" exhaust with cats of you are baller: Toyota Landcruiser UZJ100 4.7ltr V8 Pacemaker King Brown Exhaust System - https://bestmufflers.com/bshop/index.php?id_product=7934&id_product_attribute=0&rewrite=toyota-landcruiser-100-series-45ltr-fzj105-pacemaker-headers-pacemaker-king-brown-performance-exhaust-system-ph12650-tl100kit-&controller=product
that's awesome, now how to get this stateside...?

Someone in here mentioned they were for RHD... I have not idea if that's relevant. But you would think it is... Dunno.
Yeah they definitely are intended for RHD but I had some correspondence with a salesman there at bestmufflers and he was pretty sure it would work on LHD because they are basically identical left to right. The only reason I do not own them myself is because they don't support SAI so it would take some effort to make them work either adapting SAI or welding up the ports on the cylinder heads. Apparently they have 2UZs with VVT in Australia that don't have SAI!

Group buy was supposed to close today but looks like they’re still allowing sign ups. I’d hurry up and sign up if you’re interested.

my guess is that DT is/was waiting for a certain number of orders before running another batch. It’s not like the 100 series platform is a large demand so doesn’t make sense for them to manufacture a whole batch to hold inventory for only a few committed buyers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom