Complete exhaust system option, Headers to tailpipe? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was a part of the FB group buy and just got notification that my headers shipped today. I was also informed that the exhaust would ship in two weeks.

I have been looking to add the shorties to my 07. Contacted DT this week and they are telling me July. Curious if there are any smog issues since it is built with the SAIS. And even more Curious about this set up with the bypass for SAIS installed with the blocking plates. BTW, their office is just minutes from my home, maybe a drive by to verify that they still exist?

You can always add a resonator to the DT cat-back system.
I am doing the exhaust in three parts...based on needs and available funds. Out of need, replaced muffler and removed resonator which solved 2 issues, a worn-out with holes muffler and allowed me to run the tail pipe high and close to rear tires, no more smashed tail pipes. The sound difference without the resonator is hardly noticeable. Headers are next and when the money tree starts producing, new cats.

I'm waiting to hear back from Summit Racing... DT should have shipped the headers yesterday.

got them today... they are nice.

20210602_115932.jpg

Summit has one in stock at an increased price. Probably everything will keep going up.

The FB group buy was around $700 from what I was told. I don't use FB, so I cannot confirm pricing 100%.

Any updates on the DT headers or exhaust since install? Is the cat-back loud or is there a droning sound at highway speed?

Any views on whether the Borla cat-back system ($780 + shipping from summit) is higher quality than DT? ($575 shipped)

I notice these differences:
Borla has 2.25" pipe out vs. 2.5" for DT.
Borla also has a resonator and DT photos do not show one, hence perhaps DT cat-back is louder.
Borla has the large 4" tip.

I don't care about the sound as long as it's not obnoxiously loud and don't really want to have a loud, droning exhaust at 75mph. Don't really want or care about the large tip on the pipe.

Is Borla higher spec / better steel?

gracias muchachos

Any updates on the DT headers or exhaust since install? Is the cat-back loud or is there a droning sound at highway speed?

Any views on whether the Borla cat-back system ($780 + shipping from summit) is higher quality than DT? ($575 shipped)

I notice these differences:
Borla has 2.25" pipe out vs. 2.5" for DT.
Borla also has a resonator and DT photos do not show one, hence perhaps DT cat-back is louder.
Borla has the large 4" tip.

I don't care about the sound as long as it's not obnoxiously loud and don't really want to have a loud, droning exhaust at 75mph. Don't really want or care about the large tip on the pipe.

Is Borla higher spec / better steel?

gracias muchachos
Truck is currently at the shop. I'll update once I get it.

Anyone using this system? Would love to know about the quality.
I received part of the system but have not installed. The collectors came packaged separately. The box with the y, muffler a tpipe was damaged and missing the gaskets, hardware and cats. Those items are on the way after a couple emails with customer service.
There was no VAt but there was duty which was about $30.
So far quality looks good. Customer service was good as long as time difference is taken into account.
I can post athread when installing. I have everything but manifold hardware (o2s mounts) waiting to see what their hardware kit includes. I might reuse since my vehicle is rust free.

Anyone in CA do the DT headers? I’m assuming would still pass smog since still have OEM cats. I’ve got Borla muffler (previous owner) but super tempted to just do whole system

I received part of the system but have not installed. The collectors came packaged separately. The box with the y, muffler a tpipe was damaged and missing the gaskets, hardware and cats. Those items are on the way after a couple emails with customer service.
There was no VAt but there was duty which was about $30.
So far quality looks good. Customer service was good as long as time difference is taken into account.
I can post athread when installing. I have everything but manifold hardware (o2s mounts) waiting to see what their hardware kit includes. I might reuse since my vehicle is rust free.
My Rhino system still hasn't been shipped yet, but I can't wait to get it. The one thing I'm concerned about with the kit is if the upstream O2 sensors will reach or not. Just judging by the photos, those long tube headers appear to put the bung further aft, and the lead on the sensor isn't very long. Maybe my eyes are just tricking me when I look at the photos, but I'll do some measuring first before I attempt the install to make sure I don't need extensions for those sensors. If you get there before me, I'm curious to hear back about the fitment.

My Rhino system still hasn't been shipped yet, but I can't wait to get it. The one thing I'm concerned about with the kit is if the upstream O2 sensors will reach or not. Just judging by the photos, those long tube headers appear to put the bung further aft, and the lead on the sensor isn't very long. Maybe my eyes are just tricking me when I look at the photos, but I'll do some measuring first before I attempt the install to make sure I don't need extensions for those sensors. If you get there before me, I'm curious to hear back about the fitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom