Builds complete BJ45 rebuild start next week in Bolivia (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1708798952063.png

- Masa and his 10 year old son Masaya are the only people who speak English on the event weekend. They ask us if we want to visit them after the event and learn how to make soba noodles.

What do you think our response was..???

Tomorrow the answer...

Adventurous greetings, Coen.

View attachment 3565837
- Taking the ferry from South Korea [Busan] to Japan [***uoka]
- Our visit coincides with a yearly festival [november]
- Ninja camping at the beach.

View attachment 3565839
- We hadn't figured out how to use Google Translate [no sim cards in Japan only 1 hour wifi at the 7eleven]
- 40km/h speed limits in urban areas is common in Japan. And lanes are darn narrow —> perfect for the 40 to drive here.
- Bento boxes are a perfect affordable lunch option.
- Just 3 days in the country and we are already being invited by the Kuyushu Land Cruiser Fest meeting.
That my kinda thing wow you guys need to go see Dave @ 4x4 Japan 🇯🇵 and drag him on the road thanks for the pics

That my kinda thing wow you guys need to go see Dave @ 4x4 Japan 🇯🇵 and drag him on the road thanks for the pics
Yeah, we met Dave later on.

1708881875613.png

- Making Soba noodles
- Eatig Soba noodles
- Driving around the fabulous small roads of ***ushima island.
- Masa, Yusko and Masaya invited us for dinner.

1708882124588.png

- Masa with a big hammer, correcting his wrongs [you won't believe the story, I will tell you tomorrow]
- 10 year old Masaya shows us his excellent skills with pencils on paper.
- We are sooooo lucky...

Can you guess what caused picture one to happen?

Hello,

It is good to see you.

The last time I checked your web site, you and Karin Marike (I am not sure about the spelling) made a pilgrimage of sorts to the plant where your 45 Series was built ages ago. Yes, it has been a while.

Please tell us more about your adventures.

Juan

The last time I checked your web site, you and Karin Marike (I am not sure about the spelling) made a pilgrimage of sorts to the plant where your 45 Series was built ages ago. Yes, it has been a while.
Correct. The Japanese Land Cruiser community is very strong and helped us find a way inside the — normally — off limits plant.

1709388520486.png

Soooo, what happened in the days before we see our friend Masa with a big hammer attacking our bumper?

After spending some time with our friends we were all invited for a little Land Cruiser meetup nearby.
"Let me drive." Masa asked.
I never have let someone else drive our truck, but having seen how he drives all his other 40 series around his house, combined with the fact that driving speeds are very moderate in Japan and we were only going for a little drive, I said yes.

And then it happened.
For no reason at all, the driver in an oncoming small car decided to cross the road just 2 meters in front of us.

Boom!

"Oh my, I didn't see you driving there.." Was the mans response.

— Front left swivel ball and arm destroyed.
— Swift action from Masa to get his transporter in place.
— Precise steering to get the Land Cruiser on the ramp of the transporter.
— Winching into the workshop of a friend of Masa nearby.

View attachment 3571354
Soooo, what happened in the days before we see our friend Masa with a big hammer attacking our bumper?

After spending some time with our friends we were all invited for a little Land Cruiser meetup nearby.
"Let me drive." Masa asked.
I never have let someone else drive our truck, but having seen how he drives all his other 40 series around his house, combined with the fact that driving speeds are very moderate in Japan and we were only going for a little drive, I said yes.

And then it happened.
For no reason at all, the driver in an oncoming small car decided to cross the road just 2 meters in front of us.

Boom!

"Oh my, I didn't see you driving there.." Was the mans response.

— Front left swivel ball and arm destroyed.
— Swift action from Masa to get his transporter in place.
— Precise steering to get the Land Cruiser on the ramp of the transporter.
— Winching into the workshop of a friend of Masa nearby.

You can’t make that up…

Of all the places to need parts, you couldn’t have picked a better place..😉

Today we just crossed into Northern Cyprus by ferry from Turkey. Little Internet and still a fair bit of work to this week.

I will continue the Japan saga a bit later.

IMG_6404.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom