Builds complete BJ45 rebuild start next week in Bolivia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stay safe my man.

:cheers:

After 21 years we are still going strong! In the meantime we crossed South America, shipped to Korea and Japan, crossed Russia and Mongolia and Central Asia and are now back in Turkey.

I will have to see how to get a more up to date image in this thread again and if some of you are still here following along or not [chime in].

See you tomorrow.
Adventurous greetings, Coen.

After 21 years we are still going strong! In the meantime we crossed South America, shipped to Korea and Japan, crossed Russia and Mongolia and Central Asia and are now back in Turkey.

I will have to see how to get a more up to date image in this thread again and if some of you are still here following along or not [chime in].

See you tomorrow.
Long time fan/follower.. is there anywhere that you discuss in detail how you've been able to fund the adventure?

Long time fan/follower.. is there anywhere that you discuss in detail how you've been able to fund the adventure?
There is an outdated post on our website where we talk about money and how we make a living, but as with all things in life we adapt and make new choices based on the current needs or wants in our situation.

We got stuck in the Netherlands for example when we escaped our 1000km long distance hike in Israel and the pandemic hit. Consequently we couldn't get back to the car in Kazakhstan for another 14 months. Trapped. So we decided to sit down and write that book we always wanted to write and never got to. We crowdfunded that first Dutch book and just finished crowdfunding Dutch book number three.

You know we've been on the road for more than 20 years now and have published stories left and right. And always people have been asking us about a book – in English.

"When is there going to be a book?"

Well finally we can say: It is going to be here!

It’s is currently in 30% funded on kickstarter and we could use a little help making the book a reality.
Check out the video and cool swag and share it with your friends.

FOT_header.jpg

Looks great! Just backed 🙌

I see that most of the pictures you post on this thread are gone , it happens all the time with photobuket and other external image hosting alike , it is best to post directly on Mud
I think that at the moment the pictures were posted, the iH8mud forum didn't allow for image uploads, and probably those images were referenced to FB (is my guess).

Okay, I see that the last issues [that is when I come here ;)] I commented on here was in 2014 in Peru, with the diesel sedimenter. (we have replaced that thing in Japan! But I will come to that a bit later)

I will fast forward a bit quicker. So basically we shipped the Land Cruiser in 2016 from the tip of South America from the former Dutch colony of Suriname in a container to South Korea.
[okay so only 5 images per post I notice ;)] I'll try and group them..

1708711934124.png

Shipping in a container loaiding up in Suriname

1708711991635.png

Karin-Marijke airing down in order to drive out of the container.

1708712047339.png
Airing up again and installing stuff on the roof before we start Exploring South Korea!

1708712168350.png

Spring sees lots of cherry blossoms

1708712341423.png

- Korea has some of the best foods we have tasted during all of our 20 years on the road so far!
- Little trouble with the clutch slave somewhere along the road. I made a temp fix.
- Amazing temples in the mountains

These images a quick and dirty screen grabs of my laptop.

1708713283005.png

- Meeting lots of nice local people
- We concluded that (in comparison to South America) Off Roads are hard to find in South Korea, so we decided to park the car and make some big hikes.
- Resulting in hiking the complete length of the country over a ridge trail -> 740K with our backpacks and a small tent. Check out the Baekdu Daegan if you like hiking!

1708713350625.png

Tomorrow I will tell you about Japan! When the Land Cruiser returned to its place of birth!

Should I keep images just related to vehicles, or can I color and spice it up with adventure and culture?

1708798317630.png

- Taking the ferry from South Korea [Busan] to Japan [***uoka]
- Our visit coincides with a yearly festival [november]
- Ninja camping at the beach.

1708798456846.png

- We hadn't figured out how to use Google Translate [no sim cards in Japan only 1 hour wifi at the 7eleven]
- 40km/h speed limits in urban areas is common in Japan. And lanes are darn narrow —> perfect for the 40 to drive here.
- Bento boxes are a perfect affordable lunch option.
- Just 3 days in the country and we are already being invited by the Kuyushu Land Cruiser Fest meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom