For Sale complete 73 shell for sale with title and back story this is body only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Year
I've decided to sell the 73 body I was going to transfer to my 70 rig. after doing a few 40s and replacing my roof on my 55, 25 years ago, I don't like doing it. It's dirty, it takes to long, I don't really have the space to do bodywork and I'm getting to old to make it worth the swap..
The body I have is Brian Steen's old 55. I'm not going to tell the back story on it, I don't really know all of it. You can search that out for your self or I'm sure someone will chime in on that. It's in really good shape, not perfect but not bad at all. It's the shell only + the back seat and a few running lights. No dash, gauges, fuel tank, wiper motor, rear window regulator, or steer wheel or column. The glass is there, It's on the frame and has tires that hold air. The ty rods are connected so can be steered with out too much problem. I have the title. I never put it in my name cause I was not going to need to with a body swap in mind, But I have it. It's currently storing all my extra doors so I can't get inside pics at the moment but inside is in like condition. I'll see if theres any interest before I pull all the stuff out. I neck deep in a FJ40 restore project and I build Gamiviti racks so my time is limited. If you have a Gamiviti rack on any of your cruisers thats TIG welded I built it.
IMG_1177.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1180.jpeg
IMG_1179.jpeg

It's in the mountains of Colorado on the front range west of Golden and Boulder, in Gilpin County, 80422. I'm looking to get $2000.

More history:

Paging our Historian - @RUSH55

Thats it. There's been a lot of stories about this 55, I think going back to the Land Cruiser Mailing list. Someone needs to take it on it's next adventure.
Thanks for looking it up, TJ.

This rig had Unimog portal axles on it at one time, yes?
It might have been Volvo portals, but basically yes. I think it had a 4BT at some point also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom