So long to the Pigs.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's been almost eleven years, and five Cruisers later, I said goodbye to my last two trucks this past month. Both were '73s, both originally orange (!) and both ended up being green.

I dropped off the diesel to it's new owner, a young kid with Asberger's syndrome and a disposition towards Jeeps. He's not very communicative and probably won't be on Mud but he's really into diesels and incredibly excited to have a project to take to school and to drive around besides his diesel liberty. He has enough energy and enthusiasm to keep up the truck.

Arthog came with Treeroot last week to pick up his new project. Someday he might post up his plans. ;)

:beer: to the :pig: and to everyone here. Good luck with the Pigs!
pig1.jpg
arthog.jpg

I wish you well ridgerunner!.....I thoroughly enjoyed your tales/photos of your mis/adventures far and wide with the pig under foot. You must feel a certain liberation not being shackled to the ongoing duties of cruiser rust detail. Take care man and many thanks for your contributions towards further fuelling pig fever for others. :D

Just won't be the same woitout your contributions and wit that I always looked forward to seeing:frown: maybe you can give me a shout when you are in this area;

Lou in Alabama

bri, bri, bri...you know you're gonna kick yourself real soon right?

I have plans for another pseudo- pig someday, however I'm not sure if they'll ever manifest further than pipe dreams. I still REALLY want to build a 55 trayback, and based on my recent welding escapades I’d like to take a scrap pig and really fawk it up, dieselcruiserhead style. ;)

In two weeks I leave for Kyrgyzstan for two years and then was thinking about working in Antarctica for a while. Owning a Land Cruiser (or five) has been a privilege but I'm looking for something else for the meantime. If I find something interesting though in my travels I'll post it.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Hmmmm, Brian the Russians have some really neat off road stuff like 8 wheel TCs and some very nice diesels; only problem is you probably won't be able to bring back to the USA :( .........send me a PM and will try to get you in touch with some people that I worked with in the Caucasus;

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom