cluch problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
yes I have put my engine in and out 3 times in the past couple of days.Ive just about had it!!anyway my clutch will not disengage Ive tried everything list of crap

chev v8
toyota three speed and aftermarket overdrive
new clutch pack
11 inch flywheel
made spacer plate for in between bell and gear box
roughly between 1/2 inch and 5/8 of inch thick
throwout bearing fully disengages
engine is on ground with bell on and when I pull back the clutch arm I should be able to spin the pilot tool with my hand and cannot so I'm not sure what is wrong any ideas anyone before I blow the fu**** up ??? ??? ??? ???

woody what brand clutch are you running? Iv'e been told if run centerforce I will not have this problem but I don't buy It because It still should release sitting on the ground thats all chevy

mine is a LUK brand....when I had the 350, advance bellhousing, and toyota stock 4-speed I ran a Centerforce.

So long as it's a diaphram clutch and not a 3-finger jobbie, you should not have problems.

the key is to find out what's hitting and where....and only some time/inspection work will find that.

yes It Is a diapram style I've got a nother tranny I'm going to bolt to It tonight maybe then I can better see whats going on I've got few places around here who specilize in landcruiser conversions

I put my pilot bushing in backwards the first time. Then, while bolting up the tranny, I gouged the bushing with the tranny input shaft and jammed some bronze bits onto the bearing surface. That caused the tranny to drag with the engine and it felt like the clutch wasn't disengaging.

After fixing that I still had trouble with the clutch and finally solved it by pulling the slave cylinder and holding it right-side-up while bleeding to get the last traces of air out. Still, my clutch felt sticky for quite a few miles until it broke in some.

Stock engine, bell housing, throwout bearing, throwout fork, and finger-style clutch from '69 C30. Works fine now.

Well thanks Theo things to think about as I look atit again and of course thanks wood
But If anyone else has any ideas let me know I'm game to hear them all

I emailed you a picture of 2 types of GM release forks. Just tossing ideas around. There may be a difference between them as far as leverage (travel distance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom