Club work day. April 19th (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jakes40

IH8MUD Poser
SILVER Star
Threads
Jeff and I talked and we don’t have a weekend that lines up so we decided we can do it during the week and not tie up a Saturday or Sunday. We are both Available on Wednesday April 19th.

We need to rally troops for 5 o’clock work detail. Meet at the pool. Knock it out between 5pm and dark and club orders pizza for a 7:00 pm dinner break.

I’m checking with the boss but I’m pretty confident I can make this.

Jeff and I talked and we don’t have a weekend that lines up so we decided we can do it during the week and not tie up a Saturday or Sunday. We are both Available on Wednesday April 19th.

We need to rally troops for 5 o’clock work detail. Meet at the pool. Knock it out between 5pm and dark and club orders pizza for a 7:00 pm dinner break.

What's the job (for those of us who weren't at the meeting)?

We have to dig a trench about 8-12” deep 40’ long. The pool manager is going to install a drainage pipe in At a later date. And push back some shrubs that has over grown into their field. It’s not a lot of work but enough to need some bodies to help.

We have to dig a trench about 8-12” deep 40’ long. The pool manager is going to install a drainage pipe in At a later date. And push back some shrubs that has over grown into their field. It’s not a lot of work but enough to need some bodies to help.

Is this something that needs to be done by hand? If not, the BH on my tractor would make short work of that job. I would just need to borrow a trailer to get it over to Jeff's neighborhood.

I can be there to lean on a shovel and supervise;)

Is this something that needs to be done by hand? If not, the BH on my tractor would make short work of that job. I would just need to borrow a trailer to get it over to Jeff's neighborhood.
Yes it can be done with a back hoe I’m going to bring mine. Jeff will bring his bobcat. We will need hands to help clean up the trench and help with the brush.

damn that is my packing and prep day for Relic Run!!||
I could have been there and done a Dirt Certification training class so everyone would be OSHA approved!

I could have been there and done a Dirt Certification training class so everyone would be OSHA approved!
You need a whole day to pack and prep? It usually takes me at least half an hour 😂🤣

Make sure you guys call miss utility, if Jeff hadn’t yet.

You need a whole day to pack and prep? It usually takes me about half an hour. That’s usually why I am bumming something at the camp 😂🤣

Make sure you guys call miss utility, if Jeff hadn’t

You need a whole day to pack and prep? It usually takes me about half an hour. That’s usually why I am bumming something at the camp 😂🤣

Make sure you guys call miss utility, if Jeff hadn’t
LOL yeah not the whole day but it takes a bit to carry everything from the 2nd floor down and from the basement storage unit up to the parking lot... Then to get it all packed just right.
I am actually looking for a cargo box. That will really help to be able to just throw most of the stuff up there and really make it possible to have passengers in the vehicle !

A shovel would be the most helpful.

The trench should take about an hour with four guys throwing shovels. The dirt is loose and moves quickly. Second part is cutting brush, vines and some tree branches along the woods line. We can use as many people as we have there. I will have my skid steer loader there to push brush back into the woods once it’s cut. Blowers is gonna bring his tractor, so I think we are covered with heavier equipment. Anyone who is coming should bring gloves, shovel, pruning or cutting tools for brush, small chainsaw, and or cordless sawzall will all be helpful. Pick axe and digging bar is a good thing to bring as well for the trench. If we get a good turnout, we can make quick work of it. Club will order some pizza for a mid break, so food is covered. Bringing some beer is not frowned upon.

Looks like you mind need someone to cover standing around s*** talking while others work. I'll try to be there for that

@Tikicruiser @Jakes40 I wouldn't be home from work until about 6 and then it's another hour for me to get there, so i wouldn't arrive until a little after 7, i can call you tomorrow to see how the progress is going and if you need me.

I'm locked in but I'll be a bit late. I need to drop my son off at Robinson SS at 5:15 then I'll head your way. I'll have a couple shovels, a pick axe and my Stihl Kombi with hedge trimmer and pole saw attachments.

I will not be able to be there to s*** talk you guys to work harder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom