[CLOSED] Alu-Innovations Troopy Pop Top Group Buy Interest (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you did the body work on your troopy you will have no problem doing the install yourself, but good to know you found some one that can/will do it.
Thanks for the props. Had some help on the body work side of things (mainly welding). Going to help with the install for sure. It's a friend of mine so I figured I'd check if anyone needed some help. I'm stoked to see how it comes together.

East Coasters: I have an install quote here in Charlotte from a reputable Cruiser shop. Message me if you'd like more details.

@prwillard2 I would like to add the roof box/table. I missed that on the build sheet.
Modified your sheet to reflect.

Does anyone (@prwillard2 perhaps?) know where to get anchors for the roof rails that come on the Kronos? I plan to install it using anchors attached to the roof rails as that would allow me to lower it right down onto the vehicle instead of laying 2x4s over the top of the roof opening and lowering it one end at a time. in 4XOverland's Kronos vs. hercules video he talks about how it was difficult to source anchors for the roof rails on the Kronos. Hoping Cassiem can provide a source for these.

Scrub to 8:34 in this video for more info:

Does anyone (@prwillard2 perhaps?) know where to get anchors for the roof rails that come on the Kronos? I plan to install it using anchors attached to the roof rails as that would allow me to lower it right down onto the vehicle instead of laying 2x4s over the top of the roof opening and lowering it one end at a time. in 4XOverland's Kronos vs. hercules video he talks about how it was difficult to source anchors for the roof rails on the Kronos. Hoping Cassiem can provide a source for these.

Scrub to 8:34 in this video for more info:

Great question, I will ping Alu-Innovations.

Rail system attachments also need refining from previous data, but I would hope they've figured it out since the "wood box" is attached via some sort of mounting system and not welded in place.

Great question, I will ping Alu-Innovations.

Rail system attachments also need refining from previous data, but I would hope they've figured it out since the "wood box" is attached via some sort of mounting system and not welded in place.

It is an odd size, but the anchors for my Thule racks that were on my LEER truck top work and I was able to find some on Amazon that fit. I can measure the track space tomorrow and post here. I'll also post some photos of the anchors that I have that work if I can dig them out.

It would be great if Cassiem could just include a handful of them with the top for M8 and maybe M10 bolts.

It is an odd size, but the anchors for my Thule racks that were on my LEER truck top work and I was able to find some on Amazon that fit. I can measure the track space tomorrow and post here. I'll also post some photos of the anchors that I have that work if I can dig them out.

It would be great if Cassiem could just include a handful of them with the top for M8 and maybe M10 bolts.
Agree it would be nice if some were included with the Kronos. Or at least more info provided in regard to where to purchase / dimensions.

Agree it would be nice if some were included with the Kronos. Or at least more info provided in regard to where to purchase / dimensions.

The T Slot track is approx 24mm at the base/widest point, 16mm at the top/narrowest point, and about 5mm deep. The black oxide Thule anchor with the angle cut is 4mm thick. The oval stainless anchor is 3mm thick and I was planning on grinding them to match the profile of the Thule anchors. The bolts that thread into them are M6. I have some Rhino Rack anchors that are just over sized in both width and thickness, but would be easy enough to grind down to fit; they also accept a M6 bolt.

The Thule anchors are available at Etrailer, I recall them being stupid expensive. The stainless ones came from Amazon, and a pack of 10 were pretty cheap... draw your own conclusions.

I ordered my top a year ago, so no idea if they have changed the track they are using. I wouldn't buy anything until one receives their top and can measure the track for themselves.

Hope that helps.

T Slot_03.jpg

Thule cross bar base and anchor

T Slot_01.jpg

Anchor Engaged

T Slot_02.jpg

I'm sure most of you received the requests for your shipping address today from Alu-Innovations. I responded to them to discuss the port shipping on each coast as previously discussed.

What I didn't factor in is that it MAY be cheaper for them to send a full container to the East Coast (it's literally half the ocean distance from South Africa to East Coast USA than it is from South Africa to Los Angeles) and push to follow on destinations.

Additionally, I've attached the schematic of the roof rail. Converting to freedom units, it looks like the rail internals are 0.2 inches wide x 0.5 inches tall.

IMG_6551.jpeg

Last edited:
Got it and replied back with my address.

I got an invoice. The bed entry table accessory is not included. What should I do? Where and how do we send the 60% deposit?

I got an invoice. The bed entry table accessory is not included. What should I do? Where and how do we send the 60% deposit?
Reply to their email and ask to add that specific function. They will resend a quote.

60% deposit data is in lower left corner under "bank details"

Also the Toyota Troopy white paint code is 045 white. My invoice says 058.

I got an invoice and the price is R 110,614 for the hi-line version. Per your 11/3 post, shouldn't it be R 94,900:

"Confirmed with Cassiem. Standard pop top is 89,900 Rand, with a "tall" being 5,000 Rand more."

Also, I'm not seeing a 20% discount being applied. I suspect everyone is seeing a higher price and missing the 20% discount on the roof?

I got an invoice and the price is R 110,614 for the hi-line version. Per your 11/3 post, shouldn't it be R 94,900:

"Confirmed with Cassiem. Standard pop top is 89,900 Rand, with a "tall" being 5,000 Rand more."

Also, I'm not seeing a 20% discount being applied. I suspect everyone is seeing a higher price and missing the 20% discount on the roof?
Cassiem is dealing with his accounting section time now. They did not process these as a group order. They will be resending quotes.

Understand there is some frustration, but let's all please remain patient.

Wired funds yesterday, received acknowledgement of receipt today along with a corrected invoice reflecting the R 94 900 price. I overpaid my deposit, by a bit, but the amount paid to date is noted on the corrected document.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom