Clean injectors or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hammer45

SILVER Star
Threads
I have the "89 FJ62 apart and the injectors are easily accessible. Truck ran fine before I tore it apart and hopefully will do the same when parts reassembled. I have reviewed the FSM re: injectors. For the life of me, I cannot see the difference between the right and wrong pictures of the instillation in the FSM! Therefore, I have been hesitant to get them out and get them cleaned. How many bananas worth of a job is this since they are already exposed? Thanks for the feedback. d

I have the "89 FJ62 apart and the injectors are easily accessible. Truck ran fine before I tore it apart and hopefully will do the same when parts reassembled. I have reviewed the FSM re: injectors. For the life of me, I cannot see the difference between the right and wrong pictures of the instillation in the FSM! Therefore, I have been hesitant to get them out and get them cleaned. How many bananas worth of a job is this since they are already exposed? Thanks for the feedback. d
Definitely get them cleaned. They are pretty old at this point. It’s not hard to install them correctly at all. Don’t worry about that part of the equation. You can do it. Just lube the gasket a little with gasoline and slide them in straight. Very simple.

Definitely do it.
Of all the tweaks I did tuning my motor, cleaning the injectors far and away had the greatest impact on smoothness and power.
Taking them out isn’t hard.
Note where the wiring harnesses route as you disassemble. Its a bitch if you have to disassemble later (I didn’t)
Get an inch pound torque wrench foe when you reinstall the fuel rail.
I used Hurst injector service in Massachusetts and was very happy.

So the Osidetiger folks (I saw @Spook50 mention them on a prior post) just called me back. Plug and play Aisen 12 hole injector set with connector adapter for $189 for all 6 injectors! Done! thx, d

So the Osidetiger folks (I saw @Spook50 mention them on a prior post) just called me back. Plug and play Aisen 12 hole injector set with connector adapter for $189 for all 6 injectors! Done! thx, d
That’s what I’m running. Work well. No big difference but a updated injector is always nice. :)

That’s what I’m running. Work well. No big difference but a updated injector is always nice. :)
I was curious if there was much difference noticed with these, beyond that of simply old dirty injectors replaced with new. If it's just an "old vs new" difference I can hold and do mine maybe next summer since my current ones are giving me no issue at this point.

I was curious if there was much difference noticed with these, beyond that of simply old dirty injectors replaced with new. If it's just an "old vs new" difference I can hold and do mine maybe next summer since my current ones are giving me no issue at this point.
Yeah it was nothing eye opening. No change in MPG as well. The truck runs great though so there is that. But I have a feeling its new vs old like you said. Either way I am happy. Its a tractor motor :)

Yeah it was nothing eye opening. No change in MPG as well. The truck runs great though so there is that. But I have a feeling its new vs old like you said. Either way I am happy. Its a tractor motor :)
Well that was deflating! I’ll keep the old in case I create more problems or in case new isn’t necessarily better.

Well that was deflating! I’ll keep the old in case I create more problems or in case new isn’t necessarily better.
Hahaha! Hey, perfectly working parts is still a win. :D Can’t get too greedy on these rigs. Just enjoy the cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom