CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also I'm heading to Warrenton for work Saturday if anyone needs anything. I'll be busy all afternoon, but can link up on the morning if needed.

Last edited:
If it's possible do we think we can swap my rear leafs? Mattzel is brining a set up to the swap meet that should work.
I don't see why not. However, you need to have new bushings, shackles (if you want to part with those SWEEET ones on there now) and ubolts. I would also check the condition of the ubolt plates to make sure those don't need replacing as well.

Last edited:
If it's possible do we think we can swap my rear leafs? Mattzel is brining a set up to the swap meet that should work.

Will your tires fit with shorter/stock shackles. Or is Matzell’s springs lifted springs?
I got poly bushings from SOR for stock spring eyes and 7/16? bolts. I also have longer than stock/ shorter than yours shackles on my parts chassis. They probably have poly bushings also. I will look tomorrow when I get home. And I will bring your skid and flywheel cover to the swap meet also.

Last edited:
Will your tires fit with shorter stock shackles. Or is Matzell’s springs lifted springs?
I got poly bushings from SOR for stock spring eyes and 7/16? bolts. I also have longer than stock/ shorter than yours shackles on my parts chassis. They probably have poly bushings also. I will look tomorrow when I get home. And I will bring your skid and flywheel cover to the swap meet also.
I'm not sure. the ones on there are literally beat almost flat level, that's why the rear shackles are 8" long to make up for the lack of arch. Mattzells says are +2's so they should be close or a slight lift over what it is at now. Not sure what the rear height should be stock since mine is far from stock on the rear shackles.
I was hoping to get it fixed and good to wheel at fall crawl with a cheap spring swap and go forward with a whole new suspension next spring but it looks like I am falling deeper into the wormhole of a full replacement.

I'm not sure. the ones on there are literally beat almost flat level, that's why the rear shackles are 8" long to make up for the lack of arch. Mattzells says are +2's so they should be close or a slight lift over what it is at now. Not sure what the rear height should be stock since mine is far from stock on the rear shackles.
I was hoping to get it fixed and good to wheel at fall crawl with a cheap spring swap and go forward with a whole new suspension next spring but it looks like I am falling deeper into the wormhole of a full replacement.

You should be good with +2 springs and stock”ish” shackles.

I don't see why not. However, you need to have new bushings, shackles (of you want to part with those SWEEET ones on there now) and ubolts. I would also check the condition of the ubolt plates to make sure those don't need replacing as well.
You should be good with +2 springs and stock”ish” shackles.
I ordered bushings, stock shackles and 4 U bolts today. As far as the u bolt plates not sure where to source them if needed.

@1MOA You should be ok. As long as they are not rusted out. Do your shocks bolt to them? I’ll look to see if I have any.
Don’t forget to Torque your u dolts!

It's OFFICIAL: The next Club Tech day will be at @OTRAMM in Bealton, Va on 19 October 2019, beginning around 0900.
  1. This tech day is aimed at checking trucks out prior to Fall Crawl. We can also do a safety pre-check to ensure those trucks planning to wheel at FC can pass the safety inspection, so bring your radios, recovery and safety gear.
  2. If you have a Baofeng handheld radio, we can program them with the club and other important channels.
  3. We will also be stuffing welcome bags with swag for FC.
  4. I think we should order pizza for lunch
  5. BYOBeverages

This is great.

How often do you guys do this?

Unfortunately for me... I'm out of town that day.

This is great.

How often do you guys do this?

Unfortunately for me... I'm out of town that day.

They aren't quite on a regular schedule, but they seem to be about every 2 months-ish

Wish I could make it

They aren't quite on a regular schedule, but they seem to be about every 2 months-ish
I'll be on the lookout for the next one.

Thanks

Make it $100 so I can convince my wife to give me shore leave to attend fall crawl. Or better yet I could pack the wife and kids into the es300 and do it with them in the car
I loved wheeling as a kid, it's a great family outing. My dad did it in a 78 FJ40, but an es300 could be the next crawling trend. $100 it is.

I’m bringing the HZJ73 to fall crawl but was planning on doing some work on my wife’s GX470 at tech day. (Replacing CV axles and passenger front hub) Is this Ok, it is a Land Cruiser 😁 Prado; or is this tech day only for Fall Crawl vehicles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom