CLCC Tech Day thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will be the wet towel on this and say any alteration of our logo needs to be voted on by the club, so nothing is going to be decided on this thread.

Definitely, wanted to get some initial feedback going to get it to a point of even considering.

Making the old one a vector wasn’t the issue. More that the graininess in the 40 and capitol won’t embroider as is.

The logo decision is getting complicated. It is time to:
- form a committee
- to create a task force
- to select a subject matter expert
- to prepare a statement of work
- so a contractor can be selected
- to perform a study to define the technical and artistic requirements

These requirements will then be presented to senior management so they can make a decision based on emotion, ego, politics, ulterior motives and hidden agendas because they don’t understand the technical information.

Total cost: $3.2M
Duration: 30 months

Let’s get this started!

Guess where I used to work. :bang:

Last edited:
@Stumpalama Thank you for hosting again! Really appreciated!
E44B23A0-8818-4C7D-ACC4-8FE36DCCA9AE.jpeg

7B18B244-357D-4899-B6F2-465C2CCDAE8F.jpeg

F227F081-C93B-46E1-84B0-CCCE89BAC51A.jpeg

38F474B7-6A04-4D8D-AA53-DD09CFEA54D3.jpeg

CC01DF3B-B9DB-40AE-AE9B-E7CC5564E700.jpeg

Thought to actually use the tube bender

How about a group buy on tube and we can make some cages for the 40s and or some sliders and whatnot for other vehicles. Could go full stupid and do an exocage for the 1st gen 4runner. Just ideas.

I've been wanting to add a new cage on the 40, but lack the skill and location to try the project myself. Same goes for tube doors.

Not necessary for the short term future, but likely for fall and winter.

Sam

Thought to actually use the tube bender

How about a group buy on tube and we can make some cages for the 40s and or some sliders and whatnot for other vehicles. Could go full stupid and do an exocage for the 1st gen 4runner. Just ideas.

I've been wanting to add a new cage on the 40, but lack the skill and location to try the project myself. Same goes for tube doors.

Not necessary for the short term future, but likely for fall and winter.

Sam

Get some quotes. Last time I got prices it was cheaper to order from metaltech.

I've used metal supermarket (Greenbelt) and Access Metals on B'more. I think Access is cheaper and they have a pretty good supply of drops (scrap) that's sold by the pound if you need small pieces of plate.

Be sure to get tubing that fits the dies for the bender. I think the club has 2" and 1.25" dies. The benders is currently in my Garage so I'll x2 check when I get back on Sunday. We can set up a bending/fab tech day at my place some time soon. I have just about everything to cut, shape and weld steel. I'm not the best welder so if your life depends on it, bring some skill! I dont have a lot of parking line Stump does so we'll have to keep it small. I also have some surplus 2" DOM that I'll let go for fair market price.

Anyone want to pitch in for a group buy for a 5 gallon bucket of 75-90 GL4 gear oil? I thought Stump finished his up a while ago and I want to change all mine after fall crawl. Figure just leave it at Stumps and use it as people need it.

Anyone want to pitch in for a group buy for a 5 gallon bucket of 75-90 GL4 gear oil? I thought Stump finished his up a while ago and I want to change all mine after fall crawl. Figure just leave it at Stumps and use it as people need it.

I need to do the rear diff on the 62 but it calls for 80w-90 GL5. Not sure on interchangeablility.

Ryan did the front when he did the knuckle rebuild.

I think the transfer case takes 75w-90 GL4 if you need someone to eat volume.

edit: looks like 75w-90 is fine for the diffs too. So count me in for 2.6 quarts (rear diff) or 3.8 quarts (rear diff and TC) depending on how much others need.

Last edited:
GL-4/5 can be put in diffs.
BUT GL-4 is mandatory for manual transmissions and T-cases. Do not put gear oil that meets GL-5 & GL-4 requirements into your trans/t-case.
GL-5, apparently, eats brass (read synchros).

Toyota specs GL-5 in there transmissions. There are many threads out there with this debate. I was torn on 4 or 5 in my Daughters Matrix. I went with Mobil 1 75W-90 It is a GL5 oil as Toyota Recommends.

I will add Toyota specs there GL5 oil. Maybe different additives in there’s.

Toyota specs GL-5 in there transmissions. There are many threads out there with this debate. I was torn on 4 or 5 in my Daughters Matrix. I went with Mobil 1 75W-90 It is a GL5 oil as Toyota Recommends.

I will add Toyota specs there GL5 oil. Maybe different additives in there’s.

Maybe in their newer transmissions?

I have a wheel bearing starting to growl a little on my FJ Cruiser. I went ahead and ordered two new hubs (complete), then got carried away and got new e-coated rotors since I didn't change those when I did the calipers this summer, new ceramic pads, and new brake dust shields lol.

I'll probably just swap them at my house, but if we have a tech day in the near future I may try to procrastinate so I can bs with everyone while I do it. Anything on the agenda?

I have a wheel bearing starting to growl a little on my FJ Cruiser. I went ahead and ordered two new hubs (complete), then got carried away and got new e-coated rotors since I didn't change those when I did the calipers this summer, new ceramic pads, and new brake dust shields lol.

I'll probably just swap them at my house, but if we have a tech day in the near future I may try to procrastinate so I can bs with everyone while I do it. Anything on the agenda?

As of right now, we are looking at the Saturday prior to fall crawl, I think. It is, tentatively, planned for holding it at OTRAMM's shop in Bealton/Warrenton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom