CLCC Tech Day thread

D21FJ60

Daydreaming

Make it $100 so I can convince my wife to give me shore leave to attend fall crawl. Or better yet I could pack the wife and kids into the es300 and do it with them in the car

Make it $100 so I can convince my wife to give me shore leave to attend fall crawl. Or better yet I could pack the wife and kids into the es300 and do it with them in the car
I loved wheeling as a kid, it's a great family outing. My dad did it in a 78 FJ40, but an es300 could be the next crawling trend. $100 it is.

dbug

SILVER Star
I’m bringing the HZJ73 to fall crawl but was planning on doing some work on my wife’s GX470 at tech day. (Replacing CV axles and passenger front hub) Is this Ok, it is a Land Cruiser 😁 Prado; or is this tech day only for Fall Crawl vehicles?

I know I am going to need a lot of help on a tech day... what are the recommended bribes? Are there garage disposables (cleaner, paper towels, etc.) I could bring in bulk, maybe purchase a tool for the club (shiny new screw driver perhaps ;) or some jack stands, whatever), raw materials... any ideas for a non technical guy with limited mobility to bring to coerce folks to help?

afgman786

SILVER Star
I know I am going to need a lot of help on a tech day... what are the recommended bribes? Are there garage disposables (cleaner, paper towels, etc.) I could bring in bulk, maybe purchase a tool for the club (shiny new screw driver perhaps ;) or some jack stands, whatever), raw materials... any ideas for a non technical guy with limited mobility to bring to coerce folks to help?
Beer and food? Lol
If you get em to drink enough to where they shouldn't drive they'll have to stay and help

D21FJ60

Daydreaming

Since you need the engine swap we could tech day at your place so you don't have to move it.
Honestly not a bad idea. The neighborhood we are moving to has some extra street parking so if a bunch of beat down and not so beat down toyotas show up I don’t think people will really care.

Beer and food? Lol
If you get em to drink enough to where they shouldn't drive they'll have to stay and help
Indentured servitude for a modern age. 😂😂

1MOA

SILVER Star
I would suggest a great way to start rt would be to have the parts tools and a plan on how you are going to fix whatever is wrong and then the labor and knowledge of the club memebers will be put to maximum effect.
Other than that just watch and learn.

I would suggest a great way to start rt would be to have the parts tools and a plan on how you are going to fix whatever is wrong and then the labor and knowledge of the club memebers will be put to maximum effect.
Other than that just watch and learn.
I have the parts... but not the tools. The two big jobs are the sliders and the front bumper w/winch. I will look into what tools are required. If I get just the sliders done at a tech day and maybe something small like the custom cup holder and/or the flasher relay, I would call it a win.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

I have the parts... but not the tools. The two big jobs are the sliders and the front bumper w/winch. I will look into what tools are required. If I get just the sliders done at a tech day and maybe something small like the custom cup holder and/or the flasher relay, I would call it a win.
Don't worry about tools; we usually supply tools... That's the big benefit of tech days. Many around here don't have the facilities or tools to pull off the big jobs. That's where the club comes in. We've done lots of bumpers, winches and sliders.

afgman786

SILVER Star
The cup holder is a game changer! So simple yet makes such an impact haha

Top Bottom