CLCC Tech Day thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an LSD from a supra that I need rebuilt for my GS300. Its got about 100k on it and its leaking out of the pinion and side seals so if definitely needs a rebuild. I already reached out to Ryan and he won't touch it since its not from a Land Cruiser and didn't have another place he recommends since they're going under. The only other place I've been referred to by a reputable mechanic is county transmission and they want $800 if I supply parts. Thats waaay to much money given people in are having this done with ring gear removal for an LSD conversion for $400 or less at reputable shops.

I have the factory service manual so I know exactly what I need to do. I just have zero experience with this so I'm not 100% sure about setting the backlash and getting the mesh of the teeth correct.

Yeah sorry guys. OTRAMM is good and still in business, its the other shop that he would have referred me to that is going under. I'll try and look around more but I haven't had much luck

I already have more space than techs! And There's no way I'm paying to air condition the bigger shop next door :)

Are you looking for apprentices/ entry level techs?

I think an entry level tech would be most useful. I'm not opposed to a turn key tech though.

I happen to know of someone who might be interested in such an opportunity. It's actually the son of an old wheeling buddy of @TRFCSUX.

Be careful. Stump just wants to plant a spy so he can get all of your LC secrets.

PSHAW! What would I do with them if I had 'em?

I have the factory service manual so I know exactly what I need to do. I just have zero experience with this so I'm not 100% sure about setting the backlash and getting the mesh of the teeth correct.

Have you tried Hi-Tech in Merrifield, Va HiTech Transmissions . They had done stuff for folks back in my hot-rod days. I haven't needed anything done since then tho.

Tell him to shoot me an email or swing by the shop sometime :)
He doesn’t email, but if he calls you, his name is Gary, he goes by @shmukster He would be a good intern for you Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom