CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unless you're a craigslist ad, then the bottom is thicker lol

Bezel movement, some more tweaking needed outside the lights

Clouds?

0196FED2-333C-41D9-955A-386E5CD746B2.jpeg

I like the soft top, but also not a fan of the square bezel or square turn signals. Needs to have a rounded bezel IMHO and round turn signals (driver-side turn signal also needs to be out on the fender and not hugging the apron). The bib should show the center hinge if not marker lights. The truck looks a bit squashed too. Needs to stand taller on the tires and/or body needs to be a bit narrower. I would also prefer to see a suggestion of the front pumpkin and maybe the front shackles instead of a big black rectangle under the front. Hood needs vent slots and a more pronounced center hump, maybe a hood spear to breakup the expanse and get away from the Heep-look. Cowl might not need a kick vent but the rocker definitely needs a step. A narrower black band underneath the rocker as well to give the impression of having more ground clearance. These are mostly just important visual queues that make the FJ40 distinctive and less Heep-like. Other than the grill and bezel, most people will think the current image is a modern Heep.

Sorry if this sounds picky, I can appreciate the effort being put in to do this but I see too much Heep in that current image. Its the details that give the vehicle it's character.

Picky Much!!
I do like the shading!

Clouds make it look very cartoony

@StaleAle all good feedback. Some changes are likely easier than others but he’s working from a stock vector. Also, the detail is going to be lost for embroidery so it needs to be somewhat simple.

We haven’t found a better vector image to start so if you have seen one let us know. He’s not an illustrator so getting to the point where we’d need to pay someone with those skills.

I’m going to email TLCA to see if they have some vector images they would share with us for free since it’s a worthy cause.

I will be the wet towel on this and say any alteration of our logo needs to be voted on by the club, so nothing is going to be decided on this thread.

@Stumpalama it wouldn't be a tech day without me leaving something.. did you happen to find a blue nalgene bottle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom