Choke and throttle cable alternative (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Krondor

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I was helping a friend restore an old Jeep CJ2A and found something interesting. The choke and throttle cables are oddly similar to early FJ40 throttle and choke cables. They can be bought for $30 on ebay. I know its a jeep part but for a place holder, it is hard to beat:

Nice find. I just ordered a set. I will post up what I find when they arrive.

And the fact that the early water pumps can be rebuild with a rebuild kit made for a Willys jeep! Toyota was a bit lazy at first it seems :D
Nice find!

Long story short I bought what was advertised as new fj45/25 choke cables and these arrived, you would understand my dismay when I opened the box after paying a few hundred, yes the member took them back.

For anyone buying these they are cheap plastic that isn’t even close when held in hand. The photos make them look close but nothing like OEM.

Got these cables yesterday. They aren't OEM but I think they are a good option. They are much nicer than any parts store choke cable I have used. They have the correct indexing flat spot too. For the price, you can't loose.
20190313_185904.jpg
20190313_185912.jpg
20190313_185958.jpg

Believe I remember seeing these on eBay years ago. Certainly a nicer option than the ones some POs used on my junk.

If someone only needs the throttle I only need the choke. It doesn't have to be a super duper one as I don't have a stock carb setup.

There are other Options besides Southeast Asia ..............

DSCN2623.JPG
DSCN2624.JPG
DSCN2627.JPG
DSCN2628.JPG
DSCN2632.JPG

this thread is titled with "alternatives" implying "alternatives to oem". no offense, but $250 is a lot to 'choke' down when there are decent alternatives for $30. it's nice to have threads like this to see if those alternatives are decent

The knobs are fixed and not removable. I don't remember where I ordered them from though. It's been awhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom