Chinese carb linkage not same as Aisin carb original (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased a Chinese made new carb from:

I did this just to get it running because I am missing a check valve and spring inside my original carb and it's impossible to find (Model 0C6). It is not a long term solution, just to get it running for a little while until I can find what I need cheaply enough. It claimed to fit my 1970 but my linkages are different on the new carb. I have already ripped the old one apart but held it together for the first pic you see.

The second pic is the new one. Notice the different linkage.

Pic three shows my original choke linkage. It is at the bottom of the original carb. Notice the little cylinder attached to the end of the cable to hold it. I have no way to connect it on the new one as seen in pic 4. That cylinder style linkage is at the top of the new carb for the accelerator.

Pic 5 is the original carb accelerator linkage. On the new carb, it has the cylinder style.

Does anyone have an explanation or video on how to make it work? Any ideas?

Sorry, forgot the new carb throttle linkage pic
. It's the same as my old carb's choke linkage with the cylinder style connector

There are two versions of the Chinese carb...cable actuated and mechanically actuated. You got the one for mechanical linkage but your early truck needs cable. You might be able to swap the linkages over, but I've never tried to do that. Maybe others will chime in.

I need the plunger that holds accelerator pump check valve, spring, and ball bearing for the accelerator pump in the mid section of the carb. I'm missing that for sure. Plunger was broke (10% of it left), spring and ball bearing were gone. I have a couple sleeves with notches out of them, but it may not affect performance

I need the plunger that holds accelerator pump check valve, spring, and ball bearing for the accelerator pump in the mid section of the carb. I'm missing that for sure. Plunger was broke (10% of it left), spring and ball bearing were gone. I have a couple sleeves with notches out of them, but it may not affect performance

View attachment 1907609View attachment 1907612

Hmm....your '70 carb should not have a spring and a plunger like that if it is stock. It should have one like what I show below. The sleeves are notched (aka staked) to help keep them in the carb. But I have those too if you need them. I can send the below parts and rebuild instructions to you for $25 shipped via USPS priority. Send me a pm if you are interested. I'll carb dip the sleeves prior to sending. Let me know if you think you are missing any other parts.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

The later model parts are the functional equivalent of the earlier parts; they are designed to do exactly the same thing: keep fuel in the discharge chamber from flowing backwards.

So if that’s all it takes to get your original carb working again, swap those parts over and call it a day.

Last edited:
I would consider simply contacting the Buyer , explaining its the wrong Carb for your year they sent , then Ask for A Return

While asking for the correct one at the same time , your gonna Pull Your hair Out trying to retrofit a CHINA carb like

your doing . the price point is so low on those CHINA carbs , just buy the right one , get that process rolling

Then file a ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED case agenst the seller , it seems to me after reading the above thread that's exactly

what happen .

Don't take getting Ripped Off by a Cheeze-Ball Ebay seller sitting down , Stand up for your Landcruiser

Rights

You have the Right to get The Right part u paid for
Right Away !

just my 2 :

Last edited:
Hmm....your '70 carb should not have a spring and a plunger like that if it is stock. It should have one like what I show below. The sleeves are notched (aka staked) to help keep them in the carb. But I have those too if you need them. I can send the below parts and rebuild instructions to you for $25 shipped via USPS priority. Send me a pm if you are interested. I'll carb dip the sleeves prior to sending. Let me know if you think you are missing any other parts.

View attachment 1907636

View attachment 1907637
Sorry it took so long to get back, but I had a trip I had to be on. I don't need the sleeves because apparently the notches should be there, but the other parts you show, I need. PM me and let me know what I need to do. Thanks

From what I've seen, all the Chinese carbs are based on late mechanical linkages. I used a Mikuni bell crank on the front side of the
throttle plate shaft which accepted the early cable barrel. I didn't see any cable style on ebay. I had contacted Trollhole but he was out of the cable versions of his. I had to bush the bell crank. I then crossdrilled it for a pin and JB welded it to the shaft. I built a bracket fro the
cable that mounted to the intake in the factory holes under the carb

Some people mention a Trollhole. Is it a viable replacement? Where is it available?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom